Insite Security

tbowat

We would like to start using Insite as an internal tool company wide. Is there anyway to prevent an employee from logging into Insite from home, after hours? It's one of those things you need some of the employees to log in from anywhere and some you don't want them to use it after they leave the building. I know it appears to be an odd request because if an employee really wants to do something with the file they can do it during working hours...

Thanks

I would imagine that your InSite server has two IP addresses, one for internal use and a different one for external use. Perhaps your router could be setup to only allow "blessed" users (clients) access to the external IP. You would need to know which IP addresses to allow access for these clients. If an internal user has a static IP address on their remote connection, then that could be blessed.

The internal users that have need to use the system externally could RDP, VPN, TeamViewer or otherwise remote access an internal box that has access to the server (if they could not be blessed with a static IP address).

Anyway, I am sure that your IT dept. or service will have some ideas and input here!

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back