Is an Imagerunner 5000 worth fixing?

bblakley

The Church I go to has an Imagerunner 5000 that still works. They do not have a service contract and the last time it was serviced they said it needs developer and a new drum. Being that that would cost over $1000 to repair, we are considering replacing it. Is it worth fixing? Worked pretty good up till this.

Any advice would be great.

What are they going to print on it? Maybe the 1000 dollars would be better spent on a new device depending on how much they need to print.

1.1M isnt' a ton of impressions, but without a service contract of any kind any printer will be stupid expensive to repair/maintain. I have to agree, that kind of money would probably be best spent on something newer/better.

So if I was going to Craigslist it, is it worth anything to anybody? I hate to see it just junked.
They still make parts for them, right?

Junk it. That thing has to be 10 years old. We used to have one, not worth saving or selling. Probably get more for the frame at the scrap yard.

yeah, someone with one *might* want it for parts... scrap yard is hard too, as with all the electronics they won't take it unless it was stripped to the frame. I would just put up a "*FREE* you come get" listing on Craigslist

I wanted to throw out there as legacy information that sees that there ARE people who will purchase these and they refurbish and sell overseas! I had thrown this out there for $200 and got many people who wanted it fairly instantaneously. I feel I could have easily asked $500 for this with the response I got. So don't underestimate too much.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back