Is it possible to strip only cmyk profiles from files in Prinergy Evo.

Gulli

Does any one know if it´s possible to strip only cmyk profiles from files in Evo´s colormatching when you refine a pdf?
I know you can do it in Acrobat (convert colors) but we need the automatition.
People using Adobe CS seem to love attaching profiles to already converted cmyk files.
We want to keep the icc on rgb and indexed files but not the cmyk when refining.
Thanks in advance.
Gulli

I think you have this option in Prinergy Connect. In Prinergy Evo there is only one option (strip profiles under color matching) as far as i know and when you select so you loose both cmyk and rgb profiles

The way I look you can "workflow templates" in Prinergy Evo = refine RGB to CMYK + refine CMYK ("strip embedded profiles").
In "math colors" of "refine RGB to CMYK" you don't check "strip embedded profiles". In "assign input device conditions": 1) you don't check "CMYK images" and "CMYK graphics"; 2) you check "RGB images" and "RGB graphics".
In "math colors" of "refine CMYK" you can check "strip embedded profiles".
Good luck, Gulli.
Pavel

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back