Is my CTP Laser diode DEAD?

lojasyst

Hello People :(

We have a Creo 3244 CTP, the equipment stopped to burn plates suddenly so looking in to service shell client of the console I see the following message:
Error 17693 HEAD: Timeout waiting for LASER OK

The technician upgraded the firmware to 2.0 version but the problem persists and he told me that maybe the laser is damaged. I am surprised because the laser is only 1750 hours.

So I ask

Where can I find a new laser diode?
How much would cost?
Who repairs creo heads?

Thanks

Oh that hurts!!!

Oh that hurts!!!

Oh that hurts!!! Let's hope the tech is wrong and it's an easy fix.... $30,000 from Kodak.... that's why we like selling Screen CTPs, only need to change 1 diode at a time. $1,500....

I do know a company that repairs heads but you are still looking at $20,000 but I guess that's better than 30K... I can look for a used head if you want...

No. We have actually found that it costs us less to budget for maintenance on our Trendsetter than to have a service contract. You will have to do the math for yourself, but I can assure you that Kodak does not loose money on their service contracts. The Trendsetter has been a stellar machine. We have owned it for more than nine years now and over that time the maintenance costs have been lower than any service contract.

Spectrecom, If Lojasys would have had a Lotem, then ALSO only 1 laser diode would had to replace. So you can not compare the Trendseter with the Screen CTP. Owners of CTP systems work out what is more cost effective; buying a service contract or paying for service and parts when required.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back