Is the ricoh pro c9200 a good machine ?

We have a 9100 that we got used. Brilliant machine, an absolute workhorse! All depends what kind of jobs your doing though as with any machine. Only drawback so far really is registration/perpendicularity problems. I think these stem from it being an old machine though, and going by what the engineers say, the 9200 is a lot better as it uses a different registration system that can be set stock to stock.

We have a 9100 that we got used. Brilliant machine, an absolute workhorse! All depends what kind of jobs your doing though as with any machine. Only drawback so far really is registration/perpendicularity problems. I think these stem from it being an old machine though, and going by what the engineers say, the 9200 is a lot better as it uses a different registration system that can be set stock to stock.
I recall having extensive adjustment options for each paper profile on the 9100. Including XY position each side plus XY zoom each side. I could achieve perfect front to back registration.

I recall having extensive adjustment options for each paper profile on the 9100. Including XY position each side plus XY zoom each side. I could achieve perfect front to back registration.
Yes, plenty control which is great but our problem is perpendicularity so the image isn't perfectly square. As I say, it's an old machine though that has had a hard life so these things are to be expected over time.

That is tracking, so would suggest the transport and lasers are not in alignment. Re-level the machine.

what
what was the cost of the machine ?

We have 2. Even got it to print No9 Remit Envelopes Double Sided. :)
That’s great. We have a 7210x on the way, envelopes are not huge business for us but would be nice to continue to be able to do small runs as we can with our current machine (km 6085).

what was the cost of the machine ?
I've been seeing them at brokers for 25k-55k depending on meter and configuration. Be prepared to spend a few thousand to get it to spec for Ricoh service IF they accept the machine. Most brokers offer a guarantee and 3rd party service. Typically the people who install it will be the same service it unless you get Ricoh service. That is a decision you will need to make depending on who is best available in your area.

Last edited:
I've been seeing them at brokers for 25k-55k depending on meter and configuration. Be prepared to spend a few thousand to get it to spec for Ricoh service IF they accept the machine. Most brokers offer a guarantee and 3rd party service. Typically the people who install it will be the same service it unless you get Ricoh service. That is a decision you will need to make depending on who is best available in your area.
thanks

That’s great. We have a 7210x on the way, envelopes are not huge business for us but would be nice to continue to be able to do small runs as we can with our current machine (km 6085).
A lot of tinkering with paper profiles and tray blower options to get it just right. Not sure on 7210, be patient, lots of trial and error before we got it to work consistently.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back