Is there Pitstop Action to Crop Pages or can one be configured.

kdarby

I regularly receive 2-up PDF's from a customer. For my processing I need them to be 1-up. Ideally, I would like to have an Action to perform cropping one of the instances off. Once I have a PS Pro Action I would let PitStop Server watch a folder and crop them automatically.

Is this something I can automate?

I have PS Pro 10 and PS Server 10 Update 3

There is a Split Pages in Half Action in PitStop 11, not sure if there was one on 10. Maybe you should upgrade if it doesn't :).

You say you "regularly receive 2-up PDF's from a customer." So if it is a regular customer, then why not simply request that they submit them 1-up?

BTW, "PDF's" is the possessive case; PDFs would be the plural.

Al

Split Pages in Half was released with Pitstop 11 update 2, it lets you split pages vertically and horizontally.

It also has a few options like allowing the bleed on the right and left hand pages of the spread to be added to the two single pages.

You can automate this in PitStop Server and split based on the size of the page, ie bigger than 210mm, or by splitting landscape pages in half. it's an action so you have a lot of possibilities

Although rudimentary when compared to PitStop Pro/Server, another option could be to use the Acrobat Pro Advanced Document Processing Batch Processing (< v10) or the Action Wizard (> v10) to crop pages. Depending on your later processing requirements, you could point the output result of the Acrobat Pro operation to a watched folder that PitStop Server would use to adjust crop/trim boxes etc.

Stephen Marsh

Hi abc, can you help me to understand some details in using pre flight ? I don understand many of the preflight options given expect some very basic like , checking color profiles, checking missing fonts, low res images.. etc .. It would be a great help if some one can help.

Sure. Just drop me an email or a PM with your details.
We have been doing a whole series of webinars to PitStop 12 customers and preflight is one of the upcoming ones.

If you send me your details I will make sure you get an invite.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back