Issues finishing Ricoh 8310 B/W printers

Reprof

Hi, we have 5x 8310 printers from Ricoh printing B/W.

All of the finishers have the same issues with stacking paper, none of the output is "flat/straight". Some of the pages (mostly 80 grams) are +/- 10 mm further than other sheets. We and Ricoh have try'd it all! 2 of the printers have the GBC streamline punchers, this causes issues aswell.

Anyone else have problems with these machines/finishers aswell? Please note the finishers are equil to color engines etc. (we also have the Ricoh 5300 etc.)

Thanks in advance!
BR Ferry

Attachments

• IMG_4364.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 6,709
  • IMG_4365.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 5,720
Last edited:
We've had a similar long edge front to back issue on our KM Pro951. This occurs when an output sheet doesn't fully exit, causing the tray to drop further than it should, leaving the jogging arms too high, jogging free air as opposed to the stack. In the example pictured below, it self corrected then recurred.
Never had a problem on the other aspect.

141120 002.JPG

Hi,

Couple options present themselves.
1. On our 72XX we found the skew was happening BEFORE the exit. Make sure the upstream path, after imaging, isn't the issue.
2. We ran a copper whisker wire just above the exit which seemed to help sometimes. :)

YMMV

I don’t have a dedicated BW machine (I run all our BW and color on a 7210) but my first thought to troubleshoot would be if you have the decurler module installed and if you have tried different curl settings.

Hi, we have 5x 8310 printers from Ricoh printing B/W.

All of the finishers have the same issues with stacking paper, none of the output is "flat/straight". Some of the pages (mostly 80 grams) are +/- 10 mm further than other sheets. We and Ricoh have try'd it all! 2 of the printers have the GBC streamline punchers, this causes issues aswell.

Anyone else have problems with these machines/finishers aswell? Please note the finishers are equil to color engines etc. (we also have the Ricoh 5300 etc.)

Thanks in advance!
BR Ferry
Are you having static issues? Humidity? I run a Ricoh 9210 and had issues similar to yours and mine was static. We also had to get our humidity under control because that was also causing problems with stacking sheets. Good luck and hope you resolve your problem.

@ KSLIGHT, thanks. We do have a decurler but this does not effect the print output :-|.
@ MELLUVCATS, thanks aswell... no static issues as far as we know. Professional humidity is arranged at production...
How did you solve the static issue? And from now on all output is square?

Last edited:
We have an old BW Canon 120 with similar output/issues. No sheet tapper/jogger. I managed to improve the stack considerably by loosely taping a small piece of plastic with a pencil eraser just above the output, positioned to loosely stroke the exiting sheet, slowing it down just enough to stop and fall immediately on exit. However, as noted above, at a certain level of stack, things will change. And static is a powerful force.

Have you looked into getting an actual stacker on the machines? It doesn't take much for that to happen since the sheets are basically just falling onto the finisher tray. A stacker actually jogs the sheets properly, plus it holds way more output.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back