It is time for environmentalists wake-up.....

gailkeys

Printer manufacturers (Original Equipment Manufacturers) are campaigning against recycled cartridge makers and sellers to secure their business. Is there anything that environmentalists can do against this? I mean, recycling is good; but some greedy souls are just opposing it to make more money.

Printer manufacturers (Original Equipment Manufacturers) are campaigning against recycled cartridge makers and sellers to secure their business.

Why wouldn't they try to maintain their profit margins against loss? Also, why wouldn't they want to avoid liability and a bad customer relationship if the use of a non-OEM product results in damage to equipment or their device not meeting performance specifications?

Is there anything that environmentalists can do against this?

We are all environmentalists - although that might not be our full time job. If the ability to choose non-OEM consumables is an important criteria for you then make that an issue when you make an equipment purchase decision.

I mean, recycling is good; but some greedy souls are just opposing it to make more money.

Making money is the name of the game in our system - I don't think that greed is the issue.

And recycling - it may not be what it appears;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lPS3QXBqHc

http://perc.org/sites/default/files/ps28.pdf

That's for sure. In my state, they've had an excise recycling tax on tire purchases for over 20 years, and they still don't know what to do with the old tires. Everyone once in a while, a huge pile will catch fire and burn for days. Recycling at its finest.

OEM's will point out their yields and supposed consistency. Anyone who uses off-brand toner for copiers can verify that often there is a trade-off in price and quality. That's your choice.

Gordo's environmental information glosses over the real need and benefit to recycling metal, in particular. But that's a small point.

You talk about "environmental" responsibility . . . but what I read between the lines is your looking for a way to cheap out . . . I've been doing this for 45 years now and learned the hard way that when you start cutting corners you end up making waste . . . so be sure and recycle your rejects.

:)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back