Jeff Jacobson Appointed CEO at EFI

prwhite

Administrator
Staff member
EFI has appointed Jeff Jacobson—a 30-year industry veteran—as Chief Executive Officer, effective immediately. Jacobson succeeds Bill Muir—who is stepping down for personal reasons. Jacobson will also retain his position as Executive Chairman.

Mr. Jacobson’s prior background includes:
  • Xerox CEO, President of Xerox's Technology Business & President of Xerox's Global Graphic Communications Operations,
  • Chairman, President & CEO of Presstek.
  • Prior to Xerox & Presstek, he served as Chief Operating Officer of Eastman Kodak's Graphic Communications Group, responsible for managing operations in Eastman Kodak's Global Graphics operations.
  • Mr. Jacobson also served for 5-years as CEO of Kodak Polychrome Graphics.

In my humble opinion after working at AB Dick and Presstek JJ did very little to help employees and customers. He seemed liked a typical CEO and make money for the stock holders no matter what. I can still him say "We will grab all the low hanging fruit but focus on large companies". The DI was the end all to be all Presstek thought.
I wish EFI luck with JJ

In my humble opinion after working at AB Dick and Presstek JJ did very little to help employees and customers. He seemed liked a typical CEO and make money for the stock holders no matter what. I can still him say "We will grab all the low hanging fruit but focus on large companies". The DI was the end all to be all Presstek thought.
I wish EFI luck with JJ

Sounds like he'll fit right in at EFI then. I remember one of the only communications we ever received from an EFI CEO (Guy) as a customer for the past 6 years was once when their stock price plummeted and he wanted to reassure everybody that it'd go back up. Who cares about your stock price dude? Get somebody to fix your overpriced junk software and maybe then we'll root for your stock prices.

Get somebody to fix your overpriced junk software and maybe then we'll root for your stock prices.

I've heard mixed reviews of all DFS and Printsmith Vision, along with Pace and their other higher end programs, but I will defend EFI on the Command Workstation package of products (Hot Folders, Impose/Compose, Jobmaster, etc.). We are lucky to have someone in the industry developing the software in the manner EFI does. However, not every product can be perfect.

You're right, the Command Workstation and related pieces of software are really good! It makes their low standard on other pieces of software that much more perplexing.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back