JetPlate Issues

Jetplate Issue

Jetplate Issue

Our sister division, Xitron, is the creator of the Navigator RIP used in the Jetplates. We have been able to help a number of the previous users as they need to migrate to a newer and more reliable CtP solution. I would be happy to help anyone who is interested.

Our sister division, Xitron, is the creator of the Navigator RIP used in the Jetplates. We have been able to help a number of the previous users as they need to migrate to a newer and more reliable CtP solution. I would be happy to help anyone who is interested.

This may sound crazy to most on this forum, but what can you do if I upgrade from the JetPlate 7600 to the soon to be released xpressjet (Epson) 4880 using VIM JT plates?

Vim

Vim

We are not going to be of much help there being that we have not written any plug-ins for the VIM system. However, we can apply the value of the Jetplate dongle to one our poly or metal CtP system.

jackmack2010... what metal CTP system do you represent??? .is it a daylite system???. also we would like to enlist your assistance with the jetplate RIP to make it compatible with another system... We are more than happy with the Navigator RIP. look to hear from you.

Jet plate

Jet plate

I know personally one of the installation engineers, I will contact him to see what's up. I have heard that Jet Plate went out of business. I think it would be time to start looking at other technologies, like of course Violet, Thermal or UV, depending on your plate volume... We sell all the technologies, new and used. Maybe we can help.

Looking for Independant techician

Looking for Independant techician

Looking for a tech put my cymbolic science plate jet emerald to work .I bought it used with very little usage on it.I have a high water rip but do not have a technician to get it working.I need a technician that travel.
email me at [email protected]

ken

Last edited:
The new JetPlate!!

The new JetPlate!!

Here it is
Xpress jet
813-932-0876
xpressjetllc.com

Stay away from this new company... it is the same guy that ran the original company into the ground... No support, no help, no resources...no product! Go to G&J if you have to stay with inkjet CTP, other than that PrintWare is a good option and they are offering deep discounts for previously ------ over JetPlat users....

It is what it is....

Question for InkjetCTP_waste_of_money.... can i use my Jetplate RIP to output to a ECRM
Mako2.x that has a tiff catcher.... looking for easy transition of front end keeping work flow the same... i have navigator RIP xitron 7.1 ......i think...
does anyone know the answer???.. thanks... cletus010

Bye the bye Kevin@kodak is a stand-up guy... thanks for the help Kevin

Cletus - no, the JP dongle is specific for the JP plugin. You can contact Xitron and possibly buy the codes for the dongle, but you may as well buy the supported RIP if your going to have to go through that.

Sorry for the delay....

Last edited:
Get the kodak plates from....

Get the kodak plates from....

Kevin @ Kodak.... still having issues with obtaining plates.. will e-mail you with particulars... thanks..

Graphline, Xpedex, Special order Kodak from Kodak (I assume), Pitman... I believe these guys are still selling them. You can also try Spectracorp out of Colorado spectracorpinc.com I believe he was going to deal the Kodak plates also, not sure if he ever did.

Last edited:
I agree with JackMack!!

I agree with JackMack!!

Too many printing business today try to cut corners.... I need to tell you something....

*whispers* There are no shortcuts in printing.....
Bite the bullet and buy the best machine you can afford... If you try to cut corners with inkjet CTP systems, Then the only one out there should be the G&J system, They have resources, and a good support team to help with any issues.. As for the other guys in Inkjet CTP... well you get what you pay for... Best bet contact the Laser guys! The newer poly systems are capable of great 4 color results and you can save $1000s out there today...! Good luck!:D

Last edited:
Who are you "InkjetCTP_waste_of_money" if you are who I think you are, you are NOT totally innocent in the JetPlate demise.
And if you are the tech that worked on my system last December your follow thru and understanding of printers needs comes up short.
I hate to see the negative posts you make, this forum should be used to make a better world and not always tear down someone else.
Lets work together to make this work for those who cannot make the change to other systems for whatever reasons.

Jim B.

Who are you "InkjetCTP_waste_of_money" if you are who I think you are, you are NOT totally innocent in the JetPlate demise.
And if you are the tech that worked on my system last December your follow thru and understanding of printers needs comes up short.
I hate to see the negative posts you make, this forum should be used to make a better world and not always tear down someone else.
Lets work together to make this work for those who cannot make the change to other systems for whatever reasons.

Jim B.

That would not be me.... But I may be able to help you...The guy that helped you certainly was not ready to undertake that task... Thank the present Xpressjet owner for that disaster.. are you the guy in PA? Also I believe the guy, and a great guy at that, that installed your system had absolutely no support from anyone at JetPlate while installing your system, frankly he was the only tech there... I truly believe that he did the best he could with what he had to work with...

Last edited:
I truly understand your frustrations... I have been helping JetPlate customers free of charge for almost a year now.... So excuse my displeasurable comments about a company that basically dropped all JetPlate customers and employees on their head... there are a few that bought systems that never ran 1 plate.... I also know that there are a few here that will help you, I am one of them... There are a few of my collegues here that will give you a substantial discount on their systems to help you out... I am just trying to inform people of the reality of this situation and to help people not make the same mistakes again... I made that machine shine in the shows, you should have seen the quality before I got there.... you also have to realyze, when you have NO resources you must make due with what you have... sort of a McGuyver approach... and to still be able to produce a press sheet in the shows that blew people away... *pat on the back* at least I did what I could for that company before the last owner killled it.... to bad... I enjoyed my time there.

Last edited:
jackmack2010... what metal CTP system do you represent??? .is it a daylite system???. also we would like to enlist your assistance with the jetplate RIP to make it compatible with another system... We are more than happy with the Navigator RIP. look to hear from you.
Cletus,

We represent HighWater violet CtP (we have a large ownership in their business) and Printware Polyester CtP. You can call Bill Owens at Xitron 734-794-1315 to talk about how we might be able to migrate you to a higher resolution or other CtP solution.

Jack

Cletus - no, the JP dongle is specific for the JP plugin. You can contact Xitron and possibly buy the codes for the dongle, but you may as well buy the supported RIP if your going to have to go through that.

Sorry for the delay....
Cletus,

Contact me regarding your desire to upgrade from a JP to drive another device. You may email me at [email protected] or call 734-794-1315.

Bill Owens
Director of Marketing
Xitron

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back