JetPlate Issues

G & j

G & j

I work in the sales department for Glunz & Jensen. If you need assistance or have questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. You can find our number on our website.

Finally contacted Techs at VIM about the JT system. I should have sample plates by Tuesday. Well run them and I'll post the results.

VIM Plates

VIM Plates

I have invested in an Epson 7900 and am now using the VIM metal plates. I'm waiting for the polyester but I'm assuming they'll work as well as the metal. The big advantage to this system is there is no developer or brush in the processor. The processor is just heat based. The plates we've run so far have been excellent, although I'll never try to run 4 color process on my Ryobi 3302 because outsourced 4 color is so cheap to buy. But I have no doubts that these plates would do excellent 4 color. Output is super fast with the 7900 and I only wish I'd bought the 9900 because now I've found a market for large format and I'm using the printer more for that than for plates. The color output is awesome.

If you're having trouble reaching the reps for VIM it's only because they are so busy connecting new customers. They always get back to me when I call.

I've still got my Jetplate and I'll use up all my plates before I disconnect it. It served me well and it owes me nothing.

Why petered branch?

Why petered branch?

Why petered branch? What's all right or anything new?

Finally contacted Techs at VIM about the JT system. I should have sample plates by Tuesday. Well run them and I'll post the results.

So how to test? Answer! People are interesting!:)

We just purchased the Vim system and it is scheduled to be installed tomorrow. After visiting their booth
at print 09 and running sample plates we were very impressed,. Will let y ou know over the next week
how everything goes.

We just purchased the Vim system and it is scheduled to be installed tomorrow. After visiting their booth
at print 09 and running sample plates we were very impressed,. Will let y ou know over the next week
how everything goes.

Well, wait. Especially interesting combination of quality 4 color

vim plates

vim plates

we have purcahsed vim Plates and Are baking them in our old jet plate processor
the plates are ultra sentitive and copy chips off and suggestions?

Hi Turbo,

I used to be a Jetplate Tech. Which model processor do you have? (The older one was tannish and the newer one was dark gray).
Two things to consider:

1. Have you tried turning the temperature down?

2. If you aren't using a fabric brush roller and ARE using the nylon brush roller, have you tried either removing it or backing off of the pressure?

Hope this helps at all.

I am working on converting JetPlate 4800 in to Glunz and Jensen platewriter Wanna-be :)
Will test the plate later on today - will post on how did that go.
If it chips off - most likely you over cooking it. Get the intel on what temperature should be used, get digital thermometer from Online or Supermarket with External probe, run the plate trough, put the probe on the plate and set the temp to the level that it will give you correct temp to the plate. Be careful not to let probe go to far - in to the rollers and it will be really hot after being under oven so let it cool off before touching. Cloth roller in the processor must be removed.

Hmm, I have ignored a few good advices given me and failed - image washed out almost immediately.
As far as EPSON / VIM plates - they need to bake @130C for 2 min.
Please disregard display reading and find the way to check actual temp applied to the plate - temp strips or else, set the speed to allow the plate to spend efficient time under heater.
While trying to convert to Glunz and Jensen wanna be I have utilized last bath of the processor as gumming unit.

Hi, as I had mentioned before - I had failed to convert to G&J but I had one of my guys run to distributor of EPSON CTP plates, threw a regular cartridge instead of "Jetplate's maintenance fluid", printed the plate, baked it in the processor - what a sweet and easy way. My pressman loved the plate, look like half of the problems just went away, can't believe that we had just spent near $1000 on Gluns & Jensen supplies when $350 for box of Epson / VIM plates is all we needed.
I would imagine that any, even used Epson 4880 and curing unit - available separately from VIM technologies can do the trick. The only 2 problems - using a manual feed in Epson - You will need some kind of path/tray/support in the back for the plate to lay on and the way to force the printed to print out of one channel (if you don't have rip) but I believe it could be set to "grayscale only" and use only black - this should serve great for 1/2 color print shops.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back