Jwei digital cutters

danos

Hi,
Does anyone have experience on the JWEI flatbed cutters?
We are interested on buying the LST03-0806-RM.
Any info would be appreciated.

There are various topics discussing the Vivid Veloblade and Duplo PfiBlade flatbed cutting tables on this forum.
Both are JWEI product.

I have a LST03-0806-RM.
What did you want to know?
Hi, sorry for the late response.. :)
Are you happy with the machine in general? Is it easy to operate? This will be our first purchase on flatbed cutter and I am little concerned because we are not going with a "well known" brand.
Also, what kind of jobs do you cut? To be more specific we need to cut paper and paper board but kiss-cutting is very important for us as well.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi, sorry for the late response.. :)
Are you happy with the machine in general? Is it easy to operate? This will be our first purchase on flatbed cutter and I am little concerned because we are not going with a "well known" brand.
Also, what kind of jobs do you cut? To be more specific we need to cut paper and paper board but kiss-cutting is very important for us as well.

Thank you.
Overall I'm pretty happy with it. Still have a lot to learn and we're not using it every day.

Couple of things I'm working through is quality of the cuts when using the K3 tool (standard drag knife). Before I had an Intec which offered a knife offset setting which meant that tight corners are infact tight. Using the K3 tool we're getting a weird swivel motion meaning not perfect cutings. When i switch the to "directional knife" it's perfect, just slower.

Most of what we have done is 350gsm board some with matte laminate and kiss cutting stickers.

Have had a few issues getting the right depth setting for kiss cut stickers (and die cut sometimes) where certain parts of the sheet aren't cutting as well. This is something I need to find time to test and figure out myself. For example we were doing some hexagon business cards which were laminated 350gsm and two rows on the odd sheet were still in place.

Software is pretty good and for the cheaper price perfectly usable. I need to add a SSD to the PC driving it as it's pretty slow. Not the cutters fault obviously.

The creasing on it is really good. Positioning is really good. The speed is excellent.

The feeding has been somewhat problematic with pulling doubles. Unsure if it's static related though.
The output is terrible and means we can't leave it unattended long for die cut things.

Hope that helps.

had an Intec which offered a knife offset setting which meant that tight corners are infact tight. Using the K3 tool we're getting a weird swivel motion meaning not perfect cutings. When i swit

Overall I'm pretty happy with it. Still have a lot to learn and we're not using it every day.

Couple of things I'm working through is quality of the cuts when using the K3 tool (standard drag knife). Before I had an Intec which offered a knife offset setting which meant that tight corners are infact tight. Using the K3 tool we're getting a weird swivel motion meaning not perfect cutings. When i switch the to "directional knife" it's perfect, just slower.

Most of what we have done is 350gsm board some with matte laminate and kiss cutting stickers.

Have had a few issues getting the right depth setting for kiss cut stickers (and die cut sometimes) where certain parts of the sheet aren't cutting as well. This is something I need to find time to test and figure out myself. For example we were doing some hexagon business cards which were laminated 350gsm and two rows on the odd sheet were still in place.

Software is pretty good and for the cheaper price perfectly usable. I need to add a SSD to the PC driving it as it's pretty slow. Not the cutters fault obviously.

The creasing on it is really good. Positioning is really good. The speed is excellent.

The feeding has been somewhat problematic with pulling doubles. Unsure if it's static related though.
The output is terrible and means we can't leave it unattended long for die cut things.

Hope that helps.
Thank you! I really appreciate the information you gave me and the time you spent.
We too thinking about intec as well but I think it will not handle very well thicker materials. Did you ever try to cut thicker materials like, corrugated cardboard for boxes?

Thank you! I really appreciate the information you gave me and the time you spent.
We too thinking about intec as well but I think it will not handle very well thicker materials. Did you ever try to cut thicker materials like, corrugated cardboard for boxes?
Nah. Out Intec was the FB900 flatbed and topped out at 400gsm laminated card. Really need the oscillating head for corrugated board.

We have the EOT on our JWEI 0806. Corrugated board is no problem. We also cut 3 mm Forex which also works nice.

Feeding can be a challenge. You can lower the suction. Best result are on laminated stock. Also cutting will be best when substrate is laminated.

For kiss cutting the table needs to be aligned perfectly otherwise you will have cuts which are or to far or not far enough cutted. The table has around 9 (if I recall correctly) adjusting screws to lift or lower the table.

For the output when die cutting you should leave some corners attached in your file. When gathered you can push them out of the sheet instead of picking them up out of the exit tray.

We have the EOT on our JWEI 0806. Corrugated board is no problem. We also cut 3 mm Forex which also works nice.

Feeding can be a challenge. You can lower the suction. Best result are on laminated stock. Also cutting will be best when substrate is laminated.

For kiss cutting the table needs to be aligned perfectly otherwise you will have cuts which are or to far or not far enough cutted. The table has around 9 (if I recall correctly) adjusting screws to lift or lower the table.

For the output when die cutting you should leave some corners attached in your file. When gathered you can push them out of the sheet instead of picking them up out of the exit tray.
Thanks for the tips! I'll check the level although I do know it was levelled when installed. Might've settled a bit.

Have you had any luck getting a nice square cut with the K3 tool? Attached is a pic of the K3 cut vs the "directional cut" tool.
The kiss cut labels show where the tool starts and does a weird swivel.

Attachments

• IMG_20210715_133739_2.jpg
    IMG_20210715_133739_2.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 231
  • K3 vs Directional Cut Quality.jpg
    K3 vs Directional Cut Quality.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 221

Thanks for the info! Can you tell me what is the EOT? :) Also,because in our shop we do not have any experience with flatbet curtting, do these "problems"considered to be common for a flatbed cutter or you believe that are machine specific problems?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back