KBA 81" presses - where?

alsherlock

I have had the opportunity to be a client on the super-wide KBA 205 (81") presses - two in NJ and TN. Since my need is national, can anyone point me to additional instalations in the USA?

KBA 81" presses - where?

KBA 81" presses - where?

thank you for the reply
I thought there was one in TX - and I thought the name was Infininty - but cant find them? who has one? - and any others?

"Subway 2-sheets" are 46 x 60, print in one piece on special pressure sensitive - so the UV option makes it a dream

I sometimes get calls for 48" to 55" retail store baners too - do you know of KBA or other modern presses in the 60-64" range?

You have a PM.

What is your special pressure sensitive? UV is not always required...PS can be paper stocks also. Quantity of the print run is a big determining factor in what print method is used to produce large format prints. Digital and screen are both options also.

Jon - thanks for the coaching - but please note that I'm "doing this since 1960" so I understand the processes, the features and benefits, and where the economic crossovers are.
Thus, sometimes I silk screen these, sometimes I print digitally, and sometimes Litho is called for.

FYI NY Subway 2 sheet have a tight set of specs -
the current approved list Removable Self-Adhesive Vinyls is
• 3M IJ35 w/ 3M 8519 Overlaminate
• Flexcon Railmark 5370RS, 5385RS, 5372RS & 5387RS
• General Formulations Submark

Back to the questions at hand -
who has that 84 in TX,
do you know of any more other than the 3 machines in NJ and the one in TN
and, while we're at it, other larger-than-40" modern presses in America?
thanks Jon!

I sent you a link via Private Message to a company in Texas that has an 81" KBA and multiple large format digital and screen presses, all UV. Large format conventional offset is there also.

I am familiar with a couple of the stocks you listed.

The company I work for just installed a Rapida 162 64" KBA 8/c perfector with UV/AQ coater. We are capable of printing conventional or UV and also have roll to sheet technology on that press. I am one of the pressman on this press. Email me if you would like additional info or contacts. We are located just outside of the Milwaukee, WI area.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back