Kirk-Rudy FireJet 4C - Spot color matching

Seixas

Registered Users
My shop is retiring a 2-color job press (Hamada 234), and acquired a brand new Kirk-Rudy FireJet 4C for running large amounts of envelopes.

Although I'm not the press operator, I'm helping with color management. As of right now, the trainee is using the settings provided by the technician, but the color isn't accurate. Our large press and digital presses have calibrated ICC profiles.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Valerie

How would you rate the firejet in terms of color and performance?
I am looking at buying 2 of them if the quality is there.

How would you rate the firejet in terms of color and performance?
I am looking at buying 2 of them if the quality is there.
I spoke with the press operator, and he gave a “B” for performance for the FireJet.

In his own words:
Envelopes #9 and #10 run very smoothly.
#10 window envelopes need to run in side ways (landscape), which slows down the process.
A large envelope can be problematic.

Now, the color is easy to adjust.
Tech support and remote service are excellent.
We are using the latest software so there are some bugs to be fixed.
I would also mention that the training provided on the equipment is very good. The trainer also does a follow-up visit. They strive to make their customers happy.

I spoke with the press operator, and he gave a “B” for performance for the FireJet.

In his own words:
Envelopes #9 and #10 run very smoothly.
#10 window envelopes need to run in side ways (landscape), which slows down the process.
A large envelope can be problematic.

Now, the color is easy to adjust.
Tech support and remote service are excellent.
We are using the latest software so there are some bugs to be fixed.
I would also mention that the training provided on the equipment is very good. The trainer also does a follow-up visit. They strive to make their customers happy.
Did you get the Firejet?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back