KM 1200 Bizhub Pro

Jorge Pease

Would like to hear real world experience from owners of the 1200 bizhub especially those who put at least 400,000 clicks per month their machines and have racked up several million clicks already.

What is your downtime like, how often are techs called, response times etc...

Im trying to decide whether to go for 2-3 of the 1200's or another digimaster. We currently have two Kodak digimasters and they run good between service calls which are happening around once a week. We put between 800K -1M per month on each of those.

Do you think the Konica's would eventually just die on us. Im worried on how well the machines will hold up 2-3 years down the line.

I would really like to hear from owners, sales and techs are great for one side of the story but its hard not to be biased.

Thanks for your responses

Would like to hear real world experience from owners of the 1200 bizhub especially those who put at least 400,000 clicks per month their machines and have racked up several million clicks already.

What is your downtime like, how often are techs called, response times etc...

Im trying to decide whether to go for 2-3 of the 1200's or another digimaster. We currently have two Kodak digimasters and they run good between service calls which are happening around once a week. We put between 800K -1M per month on each of those.

Do you think the Konica's would eventually just die on us. Im worried on how well the machines will hold up 2-3 years down the line.

I would really like to hear from owners, sales and techs are great for one side of the story but its hard not to be biased.

Thanks for your responses

The 1050 was a real workhorse. The 1200 is complete redesign with better imaging and longer duty cycle. The issue with the 1050 was not the engine itself but in the finishing components. The later released machines were an improvement over the early release units however. I don't know about the finishing on the 1200.

As with most manufacturers reliability is primarily based on your local service support. You want to get local service referrals. I'd also suggest you first consider buying direct over a dealer (assuming you are located in the US).

Also, if you want to drive multiple engines be sure you get a Micropress with as much horsepower as you can load up on.

I've sold the 1050 and I wouldn't call it a "workhorse" but your mileage may differ. As for the finishing modules; you're correct IMO - they were down more often than the print engine. What's curious is that KM makes a big deal about the new 8000 accepting the pre and post modules from their older 65 pager...so while that could keep the cost down on getting the new engine, it would carry the old baggage of unreliable finishers etc.

Workhorse? I have two, and I would hardly call them "workhorses". I agree with the above comments on the finishing end of things. My stackers break so much that I'm thinking about having my tech remove them soon, total waste of money. They're "fast plastic" as far as I'm concerned, and not built for real production use. That said, they're cheap to buy and cheap to run, so it's not the end of the world.

If you want a 1050 really cheap talk to one the former KM dealers. Many still have inventory they'd love to dump before they have to write it off.

I don't believe they are workhorses either. Our Kodaks and Indigo are more what I think of as a workhorse.

Thanks for your comments

Jorge P.

Last edited:
KM 1051/1200pro

KM 1051/1200pro

to those who have a more negetive view of the KM1050, are the 1051 / 1200 models any better?
being considered for a customer doing about 350,000 per month on each of theree units, wouid you recomend it or not?

I must be in the minority...

I must be in the minority...

...but I love my 1050. As long as you keep up on the service and use the right setting for the paper trays, etc., it is a workhorse.

With that being said, I probably don't have as much usage per month as most of you, being an in-house copy center, and I don't use the finishing as much - mostly just 3-hole punching and stapling (but run a lot of tabs), so maybe it's great for me because of my diminished use.

As for the Micropress, yes, yes, yes, if you have the option, get one to run the multiple engines. It not only runs mutiple machines, it also has great prepress functionality, especially with tabs, that I miss tremendously since we removed ours and went strictly with a driver.

I know that we'll probably upgrade in a couple of years, so it's good to hear the feedback from those that have the newer models.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back