KM 6500 Black prints posterized

mcoolong

Hello all,

I Have a customer with KM6500 with a IC-408 running version 2.0. They are printing color photos and they look great. When they print black and white or grayscale images they look posterized. Have you seen anything like this? And is there any work around? Customers are printing from macs running 10.5.8. Any known work arounds ? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Mike Coolong

The immediate workaround is to convert the Grayscale photo to a CMYK image and it will print in 4 color but still a "grayscale" looking image. You will see a difference.

KM 6500 Black prints posterized

Yes thats what the customer did to get the job done. But im sure the customer will not want to pay color click charges for something they were trying to do bw. Now i took the customers file and printed on a 6500 in our office and it was the way it should have printed. I'm at a loss as to why one would be so different that the other. Would it be some default machine setting for dot vs line?

Mike

Be sure it printed it in grayscale, it could have defaulted to CMYK based on setting in expert color if you have a Fiery. Either look at it under a loop or check your meeter numbers before and after you print.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back