KM c1060: Can you identify this probem?

gregbatch

I am still learning when it comes to KM machines. Can anyone tell me what is causing this and how to correct it? This is side 2 trailing edge 13x19. 100# gloss cover. Side 1 is perfect.

Attachments

• 20220418_072307.jpg
    20220418_072307.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 263
Last edited:
I've had KM in the past (Xerox now) and I suspect it is the way the paper path works. Unless they have changed things from 5 years ago, the paper needs to make a rather sharp 90° bend and wrap around. This causes an issue with heavy stocks. The trailing edge with flap.

So, it must be an issue with the duplex path since it's only on the second side. I'll try 2 passes.

My Imagepress 6010 used to do this. The machine had an adjustment for it, and I'd bet yours does to. On my machine it was called "trail edge white patch correction".

I found this thread here with the same issue you have.

My Imagepress 6010 used to do this. The machine had an adjustment for it, and I'd bet yours does to. On my machine it was called "trail edge white patch correction".

I found this thread here with the same issue you have.
Awesome. I'll give those a try. Thanks to Bill K as well.

Last edited:
I am still learning when it comes to KM machines. Can anyone tell me what is causing this and how to correct it? This is side 2 trailing edge 13x19. 100# gloss cover. Side 1 is perfect.
In your paper catalog on the press for the offending paper, select change settings, then expert settings (near the bottom left of the screen on our C3080) there are 4 controls for 2nd transfer lead edge front or back, 2nd transfer rear edge front or back, adjustments at the top of the page. Depending on whether you are printing face up, or face down, enter an adjustment (+40 usually works for us). If it doesn't respond to them, on the next page, lead or rear edge erase quantity may help of you are not trimming bleeds.... Good luck.

I just had this same problem on my KM C3080.
This fix on page 71 of the Konica C2070 Troubleshooting Guide did the trick for me.
Same solution as Publish007 had.

Attachments

• Pages 71-72 from Konica C2070 Troubleshooting Guide.pdf
    114.6 KB · Views: 194

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back