KM C8000 color gradient

Francesco

I have a problem with Konica Minolta C8000 Press.
When I print the attached file the gradient color of sky is corrupt and it seems to appear some little squares.
what it depends?

Attachments

• originale.jpg
    originale.jpg
    890.3 KB · Views: 232
  • Problema_gradiente.jpg
    Problema_gradiente.jpg
    1,008.2 KB · Views: 229
This looks like a RIP issue more then a machine issue. Did you do your calibration ?

Thanks for reply.
I did calibration with spectrometer es-1000.
Then I tried to change the CMYK profiles (FOTOGRAF39L) , but the problem remains
primari_puri.jpg

I have a problem with Konica Minolta C8000 Press.
When I print the attached file the gradient color of sky is corrupt and it seems to appear some little squares.
what it depends?

Try opening the file in photoshop and save as a flat pdf in pdfx 2001. that might just fix it

What program created the file? I get something like this with Publisher files when it downsamples images into pdfs. It does a really lousy job of downsampling on very fine "gradient" type image areas, such as backgrounds.

unfortunately I don't know what program created the file...
I tried to esport like .ps and then distill it again; to save like pdfx or pdf optimized in adobe pro, but nothing.

Now I tried to save in photoshop here the result
Photoshop.jpg

so I think it depends on the controller.
The same file printed on KM c6500 with Creo Ic-304 is perfect (I can't print on c6500 because I need use the finisher of C8000).

Last edited:
unfortunately I don't know what program created the file...
I tried to esport like .ps and then distill it again; to save like pdfx or pdf optimized in adobe pro, but nothing.

Now I tried to save in photoshop here the result
View attachment 4038

so I think it depends on the controller.
The same file printed on KM c6500 with Creo Ic-304 is perfect (I can't print on c6500 because I need use the finisher of C8000).

I think it's on the RIP side as well. What are your color setting for your RIP? (Post a screen capture if possible.)

I tried all CMYK profiles and also ignore conversion.
I change origin profile in device profile.

I tried Dot1, line1 and stocastic...

There aren't other settings that I know

If you open your pdf in acrobat and go to File - Properties and go to the description tab (first one) you can tel what generated the PDF.

I suspect the GCR setting, what happens if you take out/turn off any GCR (I think it stands for gray color removal). It may affect other parts of the color, which may mean other adjustments IF it fixes this issue.

Try changing only the 2nd setting in CMYK from "Totale (GCRdestin.)" to "Pure Primaries", or the equivalent.

I believe that the only solution is obtain from the customer the original file indesign and try to export again.

what I do not understand is why on a Fiery IC-303 and on a Creo IC-304 this file does not give problems

Your color settings seem fine. I just have for RGB/LAB set to Relative Colormetric instead of perceptual and the Gray and Black setting on RGB to text and graphics.

Seems like and odd problem. We have trouble with gradients printing smooth but nothing like this.

Can you share that file ?
I have a C8000 but with the Creo RIP, maybe ill get a different result.
I know it wont help, but maybe then you can call service and tell them to re load the RIP.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back