KM Launches C7100 AccurioPress Series

prwhite

Administrator
Staff member
Konica Minolta has introduced the AccurioPress C7100 series, digital color presses. Targeting a wide range of customers & jobs–featuring advanced technologies—additional features include:
  • Choice of different controller front ends from EFI, CREO and KM.
  • C7100 runs at 100 ppm & the C7090 at 90ppm.
  • Fast melting, energy efficient Simitri-V toner, reproduces on a wide range of media—up to 400 g/m2—and the flexibility to handle embossed & textured media.
  • Output resolution of 3,600 dpi equivalent x 2,400 dpi.
  • Intelligent Automation: the optional Intelligent Media Sensor IM-101 instantly detects stock being used.
  • Optional IQ-501 Intelligent Quality Care Unit ensures consistent color quality & front-to-back registration.
  • Enhanced Finishing—a wide range of finishing & other functions are offered, in addition to booklet-making, stapling, perfect binding and wire binding.
    • The TU-510 Inline Cutting Finisher—4-edge trimmer & creaser—produces full-bleed finishing for long sheets, booklets, direct mail and dedicated business cards.
  • Built-in technologies include:
    • Durable lubricated drum,
    • Double corona wires with automatic cleaning,
    • Optimized paper transport,
    • Double swing registration system for improved paper compatibility & feeding.
To learn more about the AccurioPress C7100, visit Konica Minolta

Was thinking that's gonna cause great confusion on future threads comparing to ricoh machines.

Makes you wonder how it doesn't come to copyright/trademark infringement?

Be interested in its texture capabilities, always a tough one for digital machines. Would like to see improvements in that area.

Anyone have one of these or 7090 yet? Is this platform a downgrade from a 6085 (what we have, but the lease is almost up)? On paper it looks improved but wasn’t sure if I’m missing some gotcha.

Last edited:
Hi, I bought 7090 in September, it is the worst KM machine I have ever had. We used to work with 1070/2070 and 3080 machines before and I still use 3080 together with 7090 but the new machine is the worst that KM could have made. We made a bit over 1 million prints (A4) already and I can say that this machine has the worst quality print. My old 3080 with 6 million prints is way better thatn new machine. Main problem is that it seems they launched the machine without actually testing it and they are in the process of constant firmware upgrades etc, however both software and hardware are terrible. Main problems we experience now:
1. Software problems, their own controller has been constantly crashing after first installation (this was resolved in a month) then a bunch of bugs and very slow speed (especially when trying to change settings on printers touchscreen, it has a lag of 2-3 seconds while responding to cliks, that hasn't changed yet) then minor bugs like a very simple print time remaining is not available, it means that old machine was showing print time that is left but new machine somehow can't measure printing time so at the end of the day you can't risk to launch a bigger job as You won't know when you will be able to go home. And also one important function is missing "stop at a set" so basicallky if you print catalogs you have no way of stopping the machine at a complete set.
2 Hardware. NOTHING works to the lifetime declared by manufacturer, Drums/transfer unit, fusing unit and developers don't even reach 50 percent before You have to replace it, the worst part is transfer tape that is working properly only 20-30 percent of lifetime... that is ridiculous.

To sum up I want to throe my machine to garbage and replace is with older model. I seriously consider buying 6100 model as I was very happy with 3080 model which is older technology but it is reliable at least and that is important.

Oh and by the way color calibration doesn't work on the machine, it needs IQ module (+- 10K extra) so at the moment one sode of the print is lighter than the other and no way to fix it. Or if service comes with calibration machine it works dor 1-2 days and then back to usual... Learn from mistakes and if possible RENT this machine for a month to check yourself.
Oh and also they declare machine works with 400 gsm paper, but in reall life it can't cover print normally. on 275 gsm cardboar paper, especially duplex. So test at least 100-200 pages on thik paper

Hi, I bought 7090 in September, it is the worst KM machine I have ever had. We used to work with 1070/2070 and 3080 machines before and I still use 3080 together with 7090 but the new machine is the worst that KM could have made. We made a bit over 1 million prints (A4) already and I can say that this machine has the worst quality print. My old 3080 with 6 million prints is way better thatn new machine. Main problem is that it seems they launched the machine without actually testing it and they are in the process of constant firmware upgrades etc, however both software and hardware are terrible. Main problems we experience now:
1. Software problems, their own controller has been constantly crashing after first installation (this was resolved in a month) then a bunch of bugs and very slow speed (especially when trying to change settings on printers touchscreen, it has a lag of 2-3 seconds while responding to cliks, that hasn't changed yet) then minor bugs like a very simple print time remaining is not available, it means that old machine was showing print time that is left but new machine somehow can't measure printing time so at the end of the day you can't risk to launch a bigger job as You won't know when you will be able to go home. And also one important function is missing "stop at a set" so basicallky if you print catalogs you have no way of stopping the machine at a complete set.
2 Hardware. NOTHING works to the lifetime declared by manufacturer, Drums/transfer unit, fusing unit and developers don't even reach 50 percent before You have to replace it, the worst part is transfer tape that is working properly only 20-30 percent of lifetime... that is ridiculous.

To sum up I want to throe my machine to garbage and replace is with older model. I seriously consider buying 6100 model as I was very happy with 3080 model which is older technology but it is reliable at least and that is important.

Oh and by the way color calibration doesn't work on the machine, it needs IQ module (+- 10K extra) so at the moment one sode of the print is lighter than the other and no way to fix it. Or if service comes with calibration machine it works dor 1-2 days and then back to usual... Learn from mistakes and if possible RENT this machine for a month to check yourself.
Oh and also they declare machine works with 400 gsm paper, but in reall life it can't cover print normally. on 275 gsm cardboar paper, especially duplex. So test at least 100-200 pages on thik paper
I appreciate the feedback, sorry for your frustrations, hope you find some resolution.

That is what I was afraid of, also of course there were no demo units to try… when I wanted to print some samples the sales person (who has now left the company three months later!) wanted to print them on a completely different machine…

…and certainly nobody else in town has this machine yet, they wanted us to be Guinea pigs. We bought a Ricoh instead (I am not in love with our 6085 otherwise we might have just renewed that for another year). Still waiting on the Ricoh though, supposed to be next month.

We do have the IQ on our 6085, I’d say that’s a must have accessory, surprised they even sell a KM production machine without it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back