KM1 Inkjet Press

Please give us more information.
How much are you paying for ink, and is there a special click or maintenance charge?
How do you find the quality and compare to what?

@VistaSecured, different tools for different jobs. If you’re not printing variable data, of course there will be a breakpoint where it’s cheaper to run it offset. That break will vary from one shop to another, depending on many variables. However I’m sure every business that’s invested, or committed to a lease equating to seven figures for a KM1, will have all that worked out in detail early on in making a business case for an industrial inkjet.

I currently work for a short run book printed and the KM1 is a good fit for us. It's used in conjunction with a digital 4/4 web and digital 1/1 web and single toner based machine.
It's like any other piece of equipment, as long as it makes you money it's great.
My only gripe is that from a prepress perspective the RIP is not great. I wish the DFE were more robust. It's chocked on jobs that I can send to a an older Fiery without an issue.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back