Kodak changing rules on eCentral downloads on March 1

thomaus

Saw this message on eCentral, and then got an email a couple days later:
[hopefully it's legal to paste in here because it's copyrighted?]
-----------------
NEW DOWNLOAD POLICY for PRODUCT UPDATES
We have changed our download policy effective March 01, 2010. If your licensed Kodak Unified Workflow Solutions software is currently under a Software Assurance Agreement (SAA), updates remain free of charge. If you are a PayAsYouGo customer (that is, Time and Material), there will be a charge for each software update download. If you are interested in purchasing a Software Assurance Agreement to increase your workflow productivity, please contact your local Kodak Service Manager for details.
-----------------
If you are pay as you go, make sure you're up to date before Monday I guess.

I cannot download anything from eCentral today. I can still see the updates but clicking any of them does nothing. No download. No errors. Nothing.

Kodak are having some teething troubles with the new download policy, apparently they're working on it. There's a post on the GUA forums about this.

GUA Forums

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back