Kodak Magnus 400 Lif Data Card

CWPrint

Greetings,

I have a manual feed Kodak Magnus 400 that isn't feeding any more than 3 plates before it stops imaging anything. It will sit for a few hours, then I can get another 3 plates out.

Can someone tell me where to locate the "Lif Data Card", and what it's responsible for? It's consistently failing diagnostics. I'm also having issues with the Local 3 Board, but I took that out, checked the fuse, and looked for blown capacitors, and found nothing. Are the two boards related?

I appreciate any help in advance.

First of all, What error message do you get?
The LIF card is involved in the following processes:
Intensity calibration
Expose laser
Uniformity
Edge detection.

The LIF card synchronizes between the data and the Drum
Controls the Delay of each beam
Squareness of the image on plate
Size of the image
Coms to the Distribution Box
Stop Spiral mechanism etc.
Make sure that the LIF card is pushed in firmly into the socket and is not obstructed by the flat cable behind it.

Greetings,

I have a manual feed Kodak Magnus 400 that isn't feeding any more than 3 plates before it stops imaging anything. It will sit for a few hours, then I can get another 3 plates out.

Can someone tell me where to locate the "Lif Data Card", and what it's responsible for? It's consistently failing diagnostics. I'm also having issues with the Local 3 Board, but I took that out, checked the fuse, and looked for blown capacitors, and found nothing. Are the two boards related?

I appreciate any help in advance.

It was a different problem entirely. The chiller wasn't chilling, which caused the temperature to rise to 30Ëš. At that point the system just shuts down entirely, sometimes in the middle of the exposure. This causes all of the systems to go haywire.

A few of the error messages I routinely got were,
"The operation PutAndGet of Local 3 Card failed"
"The operation PutAndGet of Lif Data Card failed"
"Laser Calibration Failed"
"Drum Not Set to Ready Position!"

I also ran diagnostics on all of the boards, and got a variety of different messages. I'm sorry I didn't save the logs.

At first I refused to believe that this was a problem with the chiller alone, as this is the third chiller we've burned through on this machine, but sure enough, we called Kodak, ordered a new chiller, put it in, and all of the problems were solved, and we're plating again with no more board errors. Thank you for your willingness to help!

[
I am pleased that your problem was resolved. The chiller is a weak point of the Magnus. Usualy the pump or the fan goes, or the fuse blows.

QUOTE=CWPrint;207766]It was a different problem entirely. The chiller wasn't chilling, which caused the temperature to rise to 30Ëš. At that point the system just shuts down entirely, sometimes in the middle of the exposure. This causes all of the systems to go haywire.

A few of the error messages I routinely got were,
"The operation PutAndGet of Local 3 Card failed"
"The operation PutAndGet of Lif Data Card failed"
"Laser Calibration Failed"
"Drum Not Set to Ready Position!"

I also ran diagnostics on all of the boards, and got a variety of different messages. I'm sorry I didn't save the logs.

At first I refused to believe that this was a problem with the chiller alone, as this is the third chiller we've burned through on this machine, but sure enough, we called Kodak, ordered a new chiller, put it in, and all of the problems were solved, and we're plating again with no more board errors. Thank you for your willingness to help![/QUOTE]

How about a Mangus 400 II that give error message #5154... I have checked all cords, everything is connected. Would it help if I ran the backup disk made by the Kodak people back in 2009? It tells me the xpo can't connect? Does anyone know how to get back up and running I have several plates in the hold.
Thank You in advance for your assistance.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back