Kodak preps to illustrator(my own way)

Trimmer

Hi
I use preps 6.0 to make impositions and its all fine about that but i was
wondering if my steps of impositions that i take are good?
first i send a pdf to preps,then for example i generate a A1 imposition as pdf,
my Rip anly supports postscripts and imagesetter larger size of exposure is B2
so i have to send pdfs to illustrator seperate for example A1 to A2 and then printing it
to A2!
Does there are any other way to generate pdfs to postscript without sending them to illustrator, results of my job are great, but i'm just asking if there is any shorter way than this.
Thanks​

Open the PDF in Acrobat and then Save As (or Export) postscript. Safer than your current method.

yeahh thanks this worked?but DCurry as i mentioned before ,my imagesetter larger size is 75cmx50cm
so if i have a larger impoistion output how i can divided it in two parts without using illustrator or any other software?

Probably the fastest and safest method would be to just output PS from Preps and tile it to the size you need for the images setter.

Preps 6 -> PS

Preps 6 -> PS

Joe's response is absolutely correct. Preps 6 will let a user output to PS.

But before you do that, let's make sure that you have created the Media resource defined to the actual plate size. [Resources\New Media...] This dialog is like Preps 5's Device Settings. Now with a properly defined Media resource you can create Tile Sets [Resources\New Tile Sets...] define as needed. Even create some tile marks if necessary.

Add to your Press Run workspace, print and enjoy.

Cheers.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back