Kodak Prinergy EVO

Bentley

We would be interested in knowing how many of you out there are still running EVO 5 or a version of it. We are running 5.3.6.1 and as we know is no longer supported from our friends at Kodak so we are thinking about upgrading to 8. Just wondered if we're the only ones running 5 because we are not experiencing any issues whatsoever. Yes its playing with fire if it goes kaput but you know how the saying goes if it ain't broke don't try to fix it.

Oldest Kodak system I know running is Prinergy 5. Are you sure your are running EVO? I was under impress EVO couldn't handle transparencies. FYI, I have a Prinergy 8 system for sale.

Don't you see kinda contradiction in your own post? Let's suppose smth goes wrong and your evo 5 gone down. Do you have a backup solution? How are you going to output plates, for example? What if it's a middle of hot season?
It doesn't matter if it's broken or not. From production point of view or from business sustainability point of view it's a ticking bomb under the hood.

Oldest Kodak system I know running is Prinergy 5. Are you sure your are running EVO? I was under impress EVO couldn't handle transparencies. FYI, I have a Prinergy 8 system for sale.

Well recently one rather large russian book printer upgraded their prinergy 3 to prinergy 8. And one another do not have a workflow at all. :D

You have Evo 8 with dongle, DvDs? Can you show something or send message to my inbox?
Thanks.

Sveibl can you tell me how you've come across Prinergy 8 to have for sale? Also would like to know exactly what you have i.e. dongles, disks etc.

We would be interested in knowing how many of you out there are still running EVO 5 or a version of it. We are running 5.3.6.1 and as we know is no longer supported from our friends at Kodak so we are thinking about upgrading to 8. Just wondered if we're the only ones running 5 because we are not experiencing any issues whatsoever. Yes its playing with fire if it goes kaput but you know how the saying goes if it ain't broke don't try to fix it.
i guess no need to worry...unless other wise you r catering to market leaders..
still i know evo 3.3 and 4.1 beeing used in current updated design softwares.. still going well..
may be u have a extra work of getting your job done well for prepress..

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back