Kodak Sword Excel calibration Focus & Zoom numbers?

Duncan Hyde

I lost my original settings does anyone have settings for these plates im using a PT-R 4300E machine. I know the intensity is 85% @ 1000rpm but what focus & zoom numbers should i be starting with to calibrate??

Thanks!

Duncan

That will be different for every machine. Did you get all parameters wiped out? is there a chance there is a backup on floppy, or the "FActory Data Sheets" hiding somewhere in the machine (usually in behind the lower front cover, to the right)
You can also request a copy from Screen, with the serial #, that might take a few days.
Whoever installed it or works on it 'should' have taken a few minutes to back up the data.
I have backup files for all my customers, plus the ones I leave on site on a floppy or CD or server.

Thanks NJ,

I'll check the machine but the technician who installed the machine did not give me any back-ups if i knew that was the case i would of made sure i did - now im going have to give SCREEN a call a request the Data sheets Thanks!

After you get your factory data sheets, you still will have to, perhaps, do a fine tuning of focus and laser power. The zoom should be fine from the factory, but you'll also have to set up all your plate sizes and "Printing Press" settings that you had.
If it wasn't backed up, I'm hoping you just had 1 or 2 plate sizes.
Oh, also if you had any options like punches, those will have to be input.
good luck!
Getting the data sheet info can take a few days, depending where you are, because you're asking your local Screen office, but all the info comes from Japan, so you might be 12 hours off their time.

Caution to others reading this:
If you ever get into the "Service Menu", be very careful not to invoke any of the "Initialize" commands, or the machine will think it was 'just born' off the assembly line, and not know things like where the encoder zero pulse for the drum is.
Next time you have service done, ask the guy (or gal) to back up your parameters to a thumb drive or CD, etc.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back