Kodak Thermoflex 2630 narrow flexo problem

Ritchiec

Good day,

I am trying to assist a customer with a faulty 2630 Flexo unit. I have almost no experience with this unit.
Essentially we are unable to get the lasers to turn on. Initially I found the JWS600-5V PSU unit blown which we replaced. (tested on a bench OK).
In general the machine is OK, vaccuum, PC and Fans are fine, Drum rotates, balancing works, head moves fine. All diagnostics pass.
It seems that it is an interlock problem. There are many interlocks which I have defeated, manually and with covers on. On intialisation the machine comes up working and ready. But in the hardware tree it talks about a laser interlock failure and power system phase R,S,T Failure (which I think are related).
Why would the tree show all green ticks but fail a laser interlock?

May I ask how one should read the information:
It refers to interlock detector. (Does this mean its detected and OK?)
It refers to interlocks open. (Does this mean that circuit is not closed?)
There are too many interlocks with issues to not be a board.

How can I separate motor interlocks from laser interlocks so I can try find the offending interlock or do I maybe have a faulty interlock board. I have cleaned and re-seated all cables. In the distribution box there is a Interlock board and also a separate Kuhnke relay on its own. Which one is responsible for the laser interlocks. While I have never got the laser to fire, the problem seems to always be changing. Sometimes it calls for a plate and errors when top door is opened. Sometimes it loads a plate and drum spins, head moves and machine errors (no imaging). It feels like a board problem rather than a specific interlock.

Any advice would be appreciated from an experienced technician.

Attachments

• Interlock board3.jpg
    Interlock board3.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Interlock board8.jpg
    Interlock board8.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 13
  • List of problems.jpg
    List of problems.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 12

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back