Kodak vs. Fuji plates

Hi I am starting up a plate department and we have been looking at the Kodak Sword, and the FUJI LHPJ plates, we have a trendsetter with a 20 watt head (part of another purchase), and a kodak 125n processor (again part of another purchase), can anyone clue me in as to what pros and cons there are for this setup with the plates. I am not going to be able to change the equipment I have so that is not an option.

thanks

Hi I am starting up a plate department and we have been looking at the Kodak Sword, and the FUJI LHPJ plates, we have a trendsetter with a 20 watt head (part of another purchase), and a kodak 125n processor (again part of another purchase), can anyone clue me in as to what pros and cons there are for this setup with the plates. I am not going to be able to change the equipment I have so that is not an option.

thanks

This is a very old thread - you should have opened a new one.
Anyway - in your case since you have such an old CTP device (Trendsetter with 20W TH1.0 - I guess from 1996) you will probably should use Fuji because it needs slightly less laser power.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back