Komori Lithrone 220 II or Heidelberg SM52-2

mpsolutions

Hi Everyone,

I am in the market for a 2 colour Heidelberg SM52-2 year 1997-1999, and recently I was offered a 2003 Komori L220 II, nicely loaded at a very interesting price. The thing is I have always owned Heidelberg machines, and have a hard time choosing between these 2 presses.
My local market is mainly Heidelberg, and parts for komori may be hard to get.
If any body has worked on Komori B3 format, please let me know. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

u r one of the very few guyz who r still double minded after being a heidelberg printer for long. HDM r more user friendly, aftermarket parts readily available, engineers all over the world and trust me, nothing prints better than a Heidelberg.

Rj litho

Rj litho

My personal opinion would to go with the komori , I ran the second 5/20 made and it ran like stink back then 10,000 on all jobs I made as much as a forty back in the day . Double impression no marking great machine ,parts not sure of availability but they are built very well.
I have ran and been around Heidelberg for 20 years and we presently have a SM 52 6 -coat runs very well but does mark on heavier stocks . One advantage of the 52 is the ability to run envelopes . But I think you cannot go wrong with either machine depending how well it was maintained .

RJ

Ran Heidies for 20 years owned Komori's for 15 and both are outstanding. If you ar looking @ bang for your buck the Komori will do everything you want . It comes down to a shop culture things long time Heidelberg pressmen have to be a little open minded as they are diffrernt.
personally I'd go Komori

I've worked on both. Printing they are both fine. Feeder
Heidelberg wins for me. The new komori although could be very
Tempting.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back