Komori Machine and Radiation

Hi all,
In Italy we have a lot of rumors for problems on Komori Press machine for radiation.
Anyone have notice?I think is so strange and I think is a metropolitan legend.

Can anyone give me notice?
Thanks in advance.

Luca

Dear Luca,
there were some rumors, but nothing indeed. We have tested Toray plates in certified laboratory for radiation, but the levels were far below the limits. But for the customer we issued a certificate, that the plates are safe.

Regards,
Ansoft

Sounds like dirty tactics from a salesman from a competitor. Just be worried if they offer a free Godzilla to sweeten the deal.

Sure, chevalier. I'm sure is a dirty tactic but, if you keep in mind, many people in TV have big problem to drink Japanese water and Japanese food. It's a coincidence?
I think Komori is a Big Factory that made good machine. Not excellence like Heidelberg but good product with best price/product gain.
As Ansoft says, they are testing japanese plates!!!So, this is a little worry????

"Not excellence like Heidelberg but good product"

Luckily I had put down my coffee before reading that. Heidelberg is the General Motors of the machine world, they are only alive because they were "too big to fail" and the German government gave them loads of cash.

Dirty little secret for you all: I used to work for a German press maker (not Heidelberg, thank God!), and shortly after the big tsunami in Japan we were informed by senior sales staff about the rumor of one of the Komori plants being near Fukushima and that we should take advantage of this to say that the machines might be "radioactive". There was never any truth to this, just a dirty sales tactic. I refused to do it because it was against my ethics.

Sorry JPK but I think Heidelberg is best product only because we have 4 Speedmaster and 1 Lithrone in our print shop. We try Komori only for the price not for evolution or best printing time. We paid Lithrone with a -35% cut of the price.
So, now, I prefer to spend more money for an Heidelberg.
But the problem isn't if Heidelberg is better of Komori.
We have only rumors for radiation on Komori machine. That's all.

You know all media-newspapers, TV, internet sites say there is radiation in Japan and everything is very dangerous. This is absolute lie, but some of the customers say that their workers should work in safe environment and there should not be any radiation. I tried to convince them that there is no problem, but they remember Chernobyl :( We ate a lot of food from Chernobyl and they remember that.
I think that it took a lot of time from the disaster in Fukushima. Now the Japan government must announce that everything is ok with the production and there is no radiation for the export good. Every company must do it! Just for customer calming down.
Ok?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back