Komori presses quality?

qaos

Someone had quality problems with Komori presses?
My company bought last year a Lithrone L20 machine, and we have called 13 times by guarantee: Problems with dampening rollers, marking problems in transfer cylinders, mounting problems (loose pieces), problems with register, pieces that are easily split and so ....
Maybe we have bad luck?
Print quality is good and machine goes so fast!

Re: Komori presses quality?

Some of the older, smaller format machines are fragile. The integrity of print will hold. Make sure all open/broken items get repaired. Train the operators for best practices to ensure they do not damage the machine.

_ mounting problems (loose pieces)_
What is loose ?

Hi CKL,

excuse my English, I speak Spanish.
I mean: Once time the dampening gear on the drive side was found the screw that attach it so loose, then drive movement never turn dampening pan roller. I found loose that screw.
Last week, on weekend. We find the delivery gripper arm that leave some sheets crooked to stock, then we check arms, I saw that operators side of arm was loose too, the holder that support gripper shaft just expand his hole and appear some play between both pieces, just one month after of ending warranty contract.
We don feel so happy with this machine right now, we think was a mistake bough it. Heidelberg could be the correct choice, do you think?
We've two MAN Roland machines, same operators, same conditions, same job features, no the same problems. Just my concept.

Carlos

You get what you pay for in most cases. Some would argue that you pay a lot for heidelberg or a roland, as you pay for the name instead of the better engineering, but ive run old rolands and heidelbergs that can still produce a good sheet without adhering to there maintanance schedule. Not saying that komoris are bad presses just making the point that they require more inspection and maintanance than Heidelberg or Roland.

May '07
Come with 5 units, extra large delivery.
12' millions of impressions

The larger machines like feeder timing of 238 Degrees. 240 +/- 5 is factory spec. That will help register. Check gripper bite and headstop squareness

Thanks CKL, I will check this issue asap. I tink timig wil be our problem.

Thanks again, i would tell you how going on.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back