Konica 6500 vs 6000

printguycdn

After 4 years of struggling with now my second K6500, the local dealer is replacing it with a K6000. I would appreciate someone explaining the difference between the 2 models (the dealer was pretty vague) and from those with a K6000 how do they like it/not like it & for what reasons. Thank you

After 4 years of struggling with now my second K6500, the local dealer is replacing it with a K6000. I would appreciate someone explaining the difference between the 2 models (the dealer was pretty vague) and from those with a K6000 how do they like it/not like it & for what reasons. Thank you

I'm so new to digital world but happen to be in market to buy a machine and c6500 and c6000 are the two machine I'm aiming at.
Used c6500 with full options that with fiery and perfect binding is ~$28k.... 600dpi x 600dpi
new c6000 with some options is ~$56 w/ fiery but no perfect binding 1200 x 1200
I got side by side chart on these machines but I don't know how to put on forum.
Power outlet are not the same for these two machines if I understand correctly.

I'm the purchasing manager for an independently owned Konica Minolta dealer. I am not a sales rep. I can't speak to the advantages of x vs. y, but I can give you information from the product guide.

There won't be a comparison chart available between the C6000 and the C6500 because the models you want to compare are two generations apart. The C6500 was launched in the US in 2006 and replaced by the C6501 in 2008. The C6000 was launched in October 2010.

The document from Konica that compares the C6000/C7000 series to the C6501 says that the C6000/C7000 series can auto duplex a heavier weight, has a higher image quality (as noted above 1200 dpi vs 600 dpi), and the consumables are rated with longer life (drum and developer) and higher toner yields. It also says there were a number of engineering improvements to enhanced image density and color control.

Power outlet are not the same for these two machines if I understand correctly.

The C6000/C7000 series requires a dedicated line with a L6-30R outlet. The C6500 and C6501 require a dedicated line with a 6-20R outlet.

The specification and installation guide (United States) says:

Electrical Requirements:

Line options: Dedicated
Voltage: 208-240 VAC
Amperage: 22
Cycles: 60 Hz
NEMA Part No: L6-30R
Cord length: 7.5 ft (the main electrical outlet must be located within 7.5 feet from the right right corner of the main unit)

The only thing I saw about phases was that the GBC punch's power supply is 115V, 60 Hz, single phase. But, that's an optional accessory.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back