Konica C8000

Konica C8000

I have one of these machines for the last month, it is an awesome piece of gear.

The quality of the print is excellent. The other thing is i can print up to a 16pt. paper no problem, and i just received some samples back from getting it UV coated It looks like it came off of one of my presses .

All i can say I'm a big fan of Konica. This machine will change the game as we know it.

n

Great to hear... keep us posted!

Is thera a huge difference between the c6000/c7000 and the c8000?

Does anyone know?

Installation

Installation

Week 5 of our installation and things are not going so well.

Color registration is a major problem.
The Fiery has been replaced, a board in the engine has been replaced, the entire transfer belt unit has been replaced with no resolution.

On the plus side, I have put over 150K on the machine in about 4 weeks running time in between Konica tech visits.
I think this will be a very good machine. To be continued...

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    375.3 KB · Views: 191
Far too tidy!!

Colour to colour registration? As in white out text on a black background will end up with a cyan/magenta/yellow halo?

Is that on all paper types?

We had this with our Xerox after it was first installed and I can't remember what it was causing it in the end!

I would like one of those books myself

I would like one of those books myself

Have I sent you a copy of my tip book? If you are looking at a SRA3 sheet landscape and the image is moving left to right your techs don't have the registration springs at the highest tension. If the image is moving up and down and your using a PF unit or LCT tray then you need to keep an eye on your guides. If you only have a base unit and your trying to use the bypass tray you are wasteing your time.

Ubertech,
I get a "tilt" on the duplexed image of up to 1/16" on anything from 8.5 x 11 landscape & up in size. The tech's tell me this is within spec. It causes us to have to 50/50 the image to reduce the effect. Quite troublesome. I would relish this book of tips you speak of. I also would like to know how I could get one.

Bret

We just signed our contract yesterday, install should be starting next week. We got the full deal with the second fusing unit, humidification unit, and the 200 page booklet maker with trim. Can't wait to get this thing into production, I have plenty of work for it, so I should be able to give a real world opinion pretty quick.

Installation complete

Installation complete

My machine was replaced yesterday with a shiny new 8000
and I am very pleased to report that the output is beautiful!

Our tech who is outstanding came by yesterday morning to disassemble the bad.
The new machine was delivered later in the morning and by 4 pm we were up and running

No glitches, no bugs, no hiccups and we are still running as I write here now.
Many, many thanks to the professionals at Konica Minolta Melville, NY.
Thank you all very much for your hard work

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone

The new machine was delivered later in the morning and by 4 pm we were up and running

Any updates Anthony? I am replacing a couple of C6500's and am looking at the Xerox 8002AP, Xerox 800, Ricoh 901C and teh Canon 7000VP. Just sent out an RFP.

Hey Guys I have had my machine since October. I would not purchase any other machine. I looked at them all and this was the best one for the price. I love that we can print up to a 16pt paper with no problem.

If you have any questions feel free and hit me up.

Thanks

I've had mine almost a month now, and I've got 150,000 clicks on it. We had some service issues in the beginning, but that's nothing to do with the machine. Now that all is straightened out, it's been running strong, I'm hoping to add another one within a few months.

oh by the way we also kept out 2 6500's .. # konica machines Strong

Yeah, I'm still running 3 x 6500's as well, I'm hoping to get rid of one and add another 8000 soon. I don't even want to look at them after getting the new guy.

Yeah, I'm still running 3 x 6500's as well, I'm hoping to get rid of one and add another 8000 soon. I don't even want to look at them after getting the new guy.
Greetings. What is the click charges you are paying on 8000 & 6500.If you do not want to share publicly, I request you to email me at : [email protected]
Thanks.

:)
oh by the way we also kept out 2 6500's .. # konica machines Strong

Greetings. What is the volume you have done on 8000. What is the differance you find in service call between 6500 & 8000. What is the click charges you are paying for 8000 & 6500. If you do not want to share this information publicly, I request you to email me at : [email protected]
Thanks.

Greetings.
How many prints you have taken till now & how many time machine was down for servicing. Your service is directly by KM or dealer.

Greetings. What is the click charges you are paying on 8000 & 6500.If you do not want to share publicly, I request you to email me at : [email protected]
Thanks.

What is it with you guys and these click costs? Do a little legwork YOURSELF, the same way I did it. What can you afford to pay? I guess it all depends on what kind of margin you can work with. I am paying what I feel is an appropriate cost based on my market and the level of service I need and receive, and that is different for everyone.

Ya, but what's your click charge??????? Thank God this isn't a forum for prostrate troubles or impotence:D

KM C800 actually a great workhorse. Super stable on color quality, duplex registration & color evenless on the same page. We bought the machine 3 months ago, we tested to print 10K non-stop 260gsm matt art paper & use i1 to measure every single page. The Color consistance is great >dE 1.5, Color evenless >dE 1.6, & duplex registration >0.5mm in same direction. All Fogra 39 & GraCoL PASSED.
I used Xerox for 10 years & Canon for 4 years, never see any machine have this great result.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back