Konica Minolta bizhub C6500 Pro

alopezv

Hi

I work with a Konica Minolta bizhub C6500 Pro, after 6 months and about 250K prints, the quality decrease. The tecnical change the 200K prints kit and improve quality but now i have banding in the prints more in the yellow color. Thanks for give me info to improve and solve this problem. I think that is a good machine and work very fine until now.

It's either poor operator training or poor service training, Random will tell you that the C6500/6501 does not have any problems... but I'll let him tell you that in his owns words.

Craig thanks for your answer, this equipment in new in our country and city and too new in me office, the training was not good to our operators but the print more than 200K without this banding probelm, can you tell me where can i obtain more technical info to give to me operators and service.

Thanks again.

You should expect to have a PM after every 200,000 prints. One location had their non-regular technician come out to do one of these over the holiday and he screwed things up more then helped. I think they just need to come back out and check everything over, and replace some parts.

Do you have this problem with copies or prints? Whenever a PM is performed it skews the current calibration. In any case, call service and do not allow the tech to leave until the problem is corrected. By the way, you should be considering another unit in addition to the current 6500.

I wish it was that simple. Im a tech in Dallas Texas and we are having the same issues. Konica came over to try to fix the issue but it was a no go. Its been sent to uncle woo to see if they can come up with something. I done every thing I could do. Ive replanced drums, dv units,drum motors, dv motors,tr belt cleaning blade, hv1,hv2,process unit,dv drive belts,

This is for my own personal gain. The people that are having drum problems what is your environment like? During winter we had major issues with drum blade flipping and drum banding. It is summer were I am now and we have neither.

The training stipulates that the machine is quite sensitive to environment. If I put a stone cold drum in machine it will band immediately until I run it for a while.

The banding is due to the organic nature of the drum surface. At any one time the drum has the transfer belt, cleaning blade and developer in contact (or near). This area if left static it will affect the performance of drum. So when you print you will have a dark region here. Typically you will call a tech after the first print for banding. If you started running the job you will probably find that the fault slowly disappears.

So you say run prints till it goes away? What a waste of money! You could run a gamma setup before you print and this will effectively do the same for free.

Usually the way around this is for the machine to rotate the drums intermittently, which this machine does. Unfortunately this happens every 3 minutes which when cold doesn’t seem enough. Your tech can reduce this to every 1-minute but not really advised.

So back to me, is it cold where you are? If so I might start fitting heaters inside my machines in anticipation of a bandy flippy winter.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back