KONICA MINOLTA C4070 PRICE

I guess when a machine gets beyond five years old, the OEM warranty is expired and if it is kept as an economical source of production for a further 3 or so years, that’s a bonus.

I guess when a machine gets beyond five years old, the OEM warranty is expired and if it is kept as an economical source of production for a further 3 or so years, that’s a bonus.
Ah ok, I thought it was an alternative on a brand new machine which sounded risky.

Ah ok, I thought it was an alternative on a brand new machine which sounded risky.
Perhaps it's different outside the UK, where one can choose between dealing with the OEM's direct sales channel, alternatively the dealer (reseller) channel. In the UK, a legitimate dealer supplying a new machine will always supply genuine OEM parts and consumables. The only compatibles I've ever seen are waste toner boxes. If a dealer were to do otherwise, this could come back to bite should they need to escalate support with an OEM engineer subsequently fault finding on the machine, who would discover incorrect parts and consumables.

The quote I am getting is from a dealer. Not corporate. I got a call from another company called UBEO. I have not heard of them but they offer a rental not a lease on the machine. My current dealer told me they were the only ones who that could sell me a KM. Apparently they are wrong. UBEO is going to quote me on my machine next week plus show me other boxes to look at. Last year my dealer wanted to refinance my machine for me to cut my monthly note down. Basically adding about $12,000 to my cost in the long run. Guess some people are that desperate to do that. But I will check into extending my lease for 1 year just to see what they offer. At the end of my current lease I was told FMV of my current machine would be $12,000. So I don't know what to expect. Thanks for replies. : )

At the end of my current lease I was told FMV of my current machine would be $12,000. So I don't know what to expect. Thanks for replies. : )
If you walk away at the end of the lease, the finance company will sell that C1060 to clearance (a dealer that will take anything and everything at EOL) for no more than $2,500 for a seven year old model.
In turn, a dealer will pick it up in its current condition for $4,000 and, depending on mileage, spend $1,500 completely rebuilding it before selling it with or without a CPC agreement for $10,000.

The quote I am getting is from a dealer. Not corporate. I got a call from another company called UBEO. I have not heard of them but they offer a rental not a lease on the machine. My current dealer told me they were the only ones who that could sell me a KM. Apparently they are wrong. UBEO is going to quote me on my machine next week plus show me other boxes to look at. Last year my dealer wanted to refinance my machine for me to cut my monthly note down. Basically adding about $12,000 to my cost in the long run. Guess some people are that desperate to do that. But I will check into extending my lease for 1 year just to see what they offer. At the end of my current lease I was told FMV of my current machine would be $12,000. So I don't know what to expect. Thanks for replies. : )
What concerns me here is that your dealer is involved in the process of extending your lease. If your lease is via a separate finance company (it most likely is), then go straight to them and not through your dealer. Your dealer wants to sell you a new machine not extend your current lease.

Negotiate directly with the lease company. In our instance another year's lease was a bit less than what we were paying before and at the end of that additional year the buyout was then peanuts.

What are being quoted for Service and supplies for the 4080? I am being quoted $.007 for black and white and $.045 for color. That is service and supplies and a single click for all copies.

My dealer just came back and said leasing company won't go 12 months I have to go 24 months. Plus my click charges are going up. I'm guessing they won't let me talk directly to them for a lease extension. Right now my click charges are .01 for black and white, and .045 for color. All copies are just one click.

My dealer just came back and said leasing company won't go 12 months I have to go 24 months. Plus my click charges are going up. I'm guessing they won't let me talk directly to them for a lease extension. Right now my click charges are .01 for black and white, and .045 for color. All copies are just one click.

Ok - to reiterate - your dealer has a conflict of interest here. Who knows if they even contacted the leasing company? They might be lying to you.

Do you have a copy of the lease agreement? If so - look at the details of the leasing company and ring them yourself. I bet you signed the lease, not the dealer, right??

As @bcr indicates, this smells rather odd. I'd wager the dealer has agreed a price to buy the EOL machine from the leasing company (see my post #25 above) and wants to rent it to you under the pretence it is still being leased, for another two years. Complete with an increase in CPC to buffer any eventualities given its age.

I have no experience in leasing, as we buy all our inventory outright, so excuse my ignorance here - do you currently pay the leasing company for the fixed monthly lease, and the dealer separately for CPCs, or is it one bundled payment to the dealer?
If the former situation, enquire if payment arrangements would remain the same if you were to take up the offer of a 2 year "lease extension"

I would not doubt it one bit that is what the dealer is doing with me. They wanted to refinance the machine for me to save me $200 dollars last year. In others words milk me for another $12 grand. No thanks! I am calling the finance company today to see for myself what the deal is. Thanks for the iinfo.

Reactions: bcr

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back