Konica Minolta C550 image skew

jstotz

I have a KM C550 and am having trouble with image skew. I have run the Fiery tray alignment and the points that it deals with are lined up ok. However, The image is skewed enough that the alignment of other areas is out by up to 2mm front to back.

Specifically, when viewing a landscape 12x18" sheet, the horizontal lines are parallel to the edge of the paper. This tells me the paper is going through straight. The vertical lines are not parallel to the ends of the paper. They look like this |\\\\\\\\|. When duplexing, the error is magnified because each side is off in opposite directions (when viewed on a light table).

There is a skew adjustment in the setup area, however it only adjusts the CMY. There doesn't seem to be a way to adjust the black. The CM and Y are in register with the black. This would seem to indicate that the whole imaging unit is cocked and is not perpendicular to the imaging drum or belt. Is there a way to physically adjust this in the machine?

Also, there is a slight size difference from front to back. The back seems slightly smaller. There doesn't seem to be a front to back size adjustment either.

Thanks,

i have a KM 6501, and we run into this problem as well. You have two things going on, depending on the paper, it can shrink or stretch - this will make it look like an image as shrunk, but it is the paper.

Also the skew is something you are stuck with, you can fine tune it to be as little as possible but it just wont be perfect. Sorry.

I have a C5500. Under Machine/Both Sides/Chart Adjustment there is an adjustment menu for size, position and skew. I have had limited success, for the reasons Pacart mentioned, it won't be perfect.

Bill

"Machine/Both Sides/Chart Adjustment"
The C550 doesn't have this. The only skew adjustment in the control panel (service mode) is to adjust the CM and Y relative to the black. What I need is a skew adjustment to the black. It seems like a stupid oversight on KM's part. That's why I was wondering if there was a mechanical adjustment inside.

I rotate my artwork in Indesign before I print. It's a pain but it's a workaround.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back