Konica Minolta c65hc

jrsc

I have been trying to pick a new printer for a couple months now and everybody on the forum has been very helpful. I almost signed for a Xerox 700 a week ago, but then I started looking at the KM c6501 again and now I'm completely undecided between the two.

After looking at the c6501 I started to get interested in the high chroma c65hc. I can really see it being good for marketing against my competitors who almost all have a KM c6500. The problem is I know the high chroma technology is new and really hasn't been proven in the print industry yet. Does anybody have any experience with the c65hc or any opinions on weather it is ready for the production print market. I Don't mind working with something new and I understand the whole color management thing and how it relates to this, I just don't want to get stuck with something that doesn't work.

Well If you think a c6500 is production ready then you will find the HC is as it is virtually identical. The problem here is if you can achieve the gamut you want with the HC that the c6500 can. The gamut on this engine is larger but it is also moved so it can hit some colours the 65 can't but it also can't hit all the colours the c6500 can. If you are in the print maket doing mainly run of the mill stuff, rack cards, business cards, flyers then I would stick with the the 65. If your more into photo books and the like maybe the HC is for you.

Hello jrsc. I was almost going too for the KM 65HC where by the price i got here in Dar -TZ was around 91,000 Euro. But then thanks to UberTech he highlighted me with the knowledge whereby i won't be able to achieve the CMYK close to offset color gamut as the toners are high chroma and best for the photographers and design company's who wants to give extreme vibrant RGB look of colors. But i am still trying to get the quote of 6501e/ep with a system attached where i can print Fliers, Posters, Brochures, newsletters, LH & BC and small A5 booklets but here on my side even to get an approximate price of the machine is like reaching for stars in the sky. I wish i can get somebody online who can assist me with this.

UberTech,

I didn't realize it couldn't hit part of the gamut of the c6501. Do you have an overlay of the gamut's that would show what the difference is? I wouldn't think it would have moved enough where it would cause problems with general cmyk printing, but I really don't know. I do print mostly run of the mill stuff but I have been getting more customers lately asking me why I can't print colors that are as vibrant as what they thought they created.

mrgraphics,

I have pricing from my dealer on each part so I can configure my own machine, but it is in US dollars. Send me a private message if you would like me to share.

I did look at the c900. I am not able to get one. The closest dealer is ikon and they are about an hour and a half away and told me they couldn't sell me one because they don't have enough techs trained on it to cover that far from their office. I did test a ricoh c700ex from them and it was an awful machine.

I would also take a look at the C900 from Ricoh

I would also take a look at the C900 from Ricoh

I would see what you can do to try to demo one of these. This machine is rock solid and a far removed from early machines in this class. I would speak to Ricoh directly.

Could somebody tell me the difference between LD-6501 and C-6501.. I know one has the KM rip while the other has a Fiery/Creo option.. But what would be the major factors I should consider before making a choice.
In India, there are two different companies (agents) selling the two different products cursing the other one.

Thanks,

I have been trying to pick a new printer for a couple months now and everybody on the forum has been very helpful. I almost signed for a Xerox 700 a week ago, but then I started looking at the KM c6501 again and now I'm completely undecided between the two.

After looking at the c6501 I started to get interested in the high chroma c65hc. I can really see it being good for marketing against my competitors who almost all have a KM c6500. The problem is I know the high chroma technology is new and really hasn't been proven in the print industry yet. Does anybody have any experience with the c65hc or any opinions on weather it is ready for the production print market. I Don't mind working with something new and I understand the whole color management thing and how it relates to this, I just don't want to get stuck with something that doesn't work.

The HC works fine, but I didn't really expect it not to as there is zippo difference in the hardware vs a 6501, everything is interchangeable (as proven by our KM engineers when they swap components around). We haven't really seen any noticable colours that the HC can't hit compared to a standard '01.

The real questions are:-

- Am I ready for an sRGB workflow instead of CMYK?
- For most artwork the difference is subtle - can I make any EXTRA money out of subtle?
- To get the best out of HC and see the BIG colour gamut improvements, the designer needs to design FOR an HC - do I have that level of interaction with my customers?
- It costs a lot more to run when ink coverage is high. Can I convince my customers to pay more, or will I be running my business at a lower profit margin?
- With my target customer base, will HC entice new customers to use my services (if you don't understand your customer base then you are going bust anyhow :( )

Hope that helps. FWIW colourful photos on an HC are just superb as long as you keep the machine in tip top condition.

Be careful

Be careful

If you are considering a preowned printer make sure you ask for and get the maint.log.Stay away from the Konical Minolta c6500 and it's twin the Ikon CPP650.They should never have been released to the open market.I have the Ikon cpp650 and it has been a piece of crap since the day they plugged it in.Ikon will not take any responsibility for the issues.I have lived through this nightmare, so be careful.

If you are considering a preowned printer make sure you ask for and get the maint.log.Stay away from the Konical Minolta c6500 and it's twin the Ikon CPP650.They should never have been released to the open market.I have the Ikon cpp650 and it has been a piece of crap since the day they plugged it in.Ikon will not take any responsibility for the issues.I have lived through this nightmare, so be careful.

Lets get a bit of perspective here. IKON is crap at maintaining your machine. If you could be more specifc about your problems you might even get some help!

Earlier Post

Earlier Post

There are earlier posts with explicit details about the issues with this machine.Off the line the CPP 650 had defective blades on the drum units.I can't get Konica Minolta or Ikon to be honest about this.I do have a confidential TAD from Konica Minolta stating this.When this machine was sold to us, delivered and plugged in we were not told about this problem. I t took ten months for the redesigned parts to come from Japan.During those months we had alot of problems.We tried to get Ikon to replace it, as they had stated they would if there were ever serious problems.Our tech.finally told us about the recall, probably because we are a print for pay and he felt sorry for us. We are two years into a four year lease and the CPP650 is down more than it is up.We have no choice but to return the printer and go into more debt with another printer.At first we were told we were the only ones with this problem, I now know it was with everyone. We couldn't get our local KM to service it when they found out the model, what does that say about confidence.The Ikon techs scratch their heads.Ikon won't discuss it anymore, even though they will admit it has had twice the amount of service of any other of these models.All I want is for them to do the right thing.We are a small business and this is devistating us.The only thing that can be done is to hire an attorney, but I can't afford that, so they win.What they did is Fraud in my eyes.What would you call it?

There are earlier posts with explicit details about the issues with this machine.Off the line the CPP 650 had defective blades on the drum units.I can't get Konica Minolta or Ikon to be honest about this.I do have a confidential TAD from Konica Minolta stating this.When this machine was sold to us, delivered and plugged in we were not told about this problem. I t took ten months for the redesigned parts to come from Japan.During those months we had alot of problems.We tried to get Ikon to replace it, as they had stated they would if there were ever serious problems.Our tech.finally told us about the recall, probably because we are a print for pay and he felt sorry for us. We are two years into a four year lease and the CPP650 is down more than it is up.We have no choice but to return the printer and go into more debt with another printer.At first we were told we were the only ones with this problem, I now know it was with everyone. We couldn't get our local KM to service it when they found out the model, what does that say about confidence.The Ikon techs scratch their heads.Ikon won't discuss it anymore, even though they will admit it has had twice the amount of service of any other of these models.All I want is for them to do the right thing.We are a small business and this is devistating us.The only thing that can be done is to hire an attorney, but I can't afford that, so they win.What they did is Fraud in my eyes.What would you call it?

The only thing you are saying here is that you had a drum flipping problem that it seems everyone but you knew about. This problem has been resolved for sometime so I can't quite understand how this can still be effecting you.

Why would konica go near this machine? Would you expect HP or Oce to touch it?

Please tell us about issues that are not related to drum flipping.

It sounds like my experience with Canon, they would not admit any problems but would merely acknowledge them. Even though it cost our dealer (Gordon Flesch) more to keep the machine running than they were collecting in click charges, Canon stood fast. They threw us both under the bus, maybe Ikon and KM have the same play book as Canon!

Could somebody tell me the difference between LD-6501 and C-6501.. I know one has the KM rip while the other has a Fiery/Creo option.. But what would be the major factors I should consider before making a choice.
In India, there are two different companies (agents) selling the two different products cursing the other one.

Thanks,
Ld-6501 is sold by medical division in it we not used fiery we used server and banner printing is not possible in it but in c-6501 we used fiery n banner printing is availaable color is good as compare to LD

himanshu

I didn't get a price quote but I think they mentioned around $120,000 as a base price.

Is that to lease or purchase. Sounds high for buying. I have a KM6500. They bought out my previous lease on top of a booklet maker and large paper tray added on. With the lease buyout and everything else, my least is $2300/mo. The Ricoh900 (or 901 which I saw last week in DC) at $120,000 for a base unit sounds high.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back