Konica UV Coating

trever9

We have a Konica digital press that we are trying to offline UV coat. The machine is a Konica C8000. Does anyone no a UV coating that works well with this machine.

We road-tested the Drytac Versacoat, a duplo machine, and the Graphic Wizard. The Drytac was the only one that worked really well. We are getting ours installed tomorrow. It comes in 13 inch and 20 inch. Great machine. Lots of control.

Graphic Whizard

Graphic Whizard

We have a graphic whizard machine with a new canon 7010 (using the same toner as Konica) and have had great success UV coating. We originally had Xerox machines and it did take a different formula plus IR to cure the coating so it wouldnt pick but after we got everything figured out it is working just fine. We print postcards all day that require UV coating so it was a must that we were able to cure the UV liquid and take it straight to cutting.

We also have a local rep from Graphic Whizard that came out and helped us which was a huge benefit and one of the main reasons we have loved using their equipment.

I think the OP was wanting formula information and the type of coating versus which brand of UV coater to purchase. I will repost when I know what brand and type of coating we have switched to now.

Hi,

The Kustom Group makes a very good UV coating for digital inks & Toner called KS-450. Another option is Actega Kelstar however, I cannot remember the name of their product.
Where are you located?

Anthony

we use the actega uv-9058DG & have no problems. We do have to slow down slightly from full speed and turn the IR on.

We used to use the 9021DG with our xerox machines but that solution picked extremely easily with the canon toner.

trever9-

Tek Lighting has partnered with Konica Minolta and currently offers the best solution for UV coating C8000 output. If you worked with Konica Minolta Business Solutions on your C8000 (not a dealer), your local PPS will will be very familiar with how the Tek Lighting products work with the C8000 as KMBS is a channel partner for selling Tek Lighting systems directly to C8000 users. If you purchased from a dealer send me a PM and I'll get you in touch with a Tek Lighting representative.

UV Coatings

UV Coatings

Hi @PrintPlanet , great query. We recommend the UV Coating machines and solutions at Pressroom Graphics (pressroomgraphics.com.au), Adrian assisted with testing on the Konica Minolta PRESS products. Let us know how that goes, we had Impressive results.

Drytac Versacoat Documate

Drytac Versacoat Documate

We have been running our Drytac for over a week now and the results are amazing. We were surprised to note that the Versacoat comes with an extra preheater if needed. This gives optimum control. We have a Konica Minolta 6500 (with an Océ sticker) and we are very pleased. UV coating is shinier than laminate. It makes book binding, especially on the booklet maker, much easier.

Tek Lighting for me on my c6501. Only one that wouldn't scratch.
Also, looked the glossiest to me versus some other one.

We use the Swift smart coater for prints ran on the c6500 & c8000. The blend also makes a big difference.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back