Konica - Why can't I use both trays?

bblakley

We have a Konica Bizhub c6500 and it has two large Drawers but from what I am being told I can't put the same paper in both in order to run a single item, that it won't pull from one drawer and when empty go to the next. There are some work arounds like setting it up as two jobs, but why should I have to?

Any ideas?

Thanx,

Bryan

Hi Bryan,

I work for Xerox, but I always thought the 6500 could do auto-tray switching like all of our Xerox equipment.

Is there perhaps a setting at the RIP or printer UI that you have to check "auto-tray switching?" For example, on our 5000AP's User Interface you log in, select System Settings > Tray Options > Enable Auto-Tray switching

There may be something like that on your KM...

Last edited:
We have a Konica Bizhub c6500 and it has two large Drawers but from what I am being told I can't put the same paper in both in order to run a single item, that it won't pull from one drawer and when empty go to the next. There are some work arounds like setting it up as two jobs, but why should I have to?

Any ideas?

Thanx,

Bryan

News to me. You should be able to fill all 5 trays with the same stock and then set the tray priority as to which you would like to feed from first. Look in your user hand book for paper tray priority/setting.

You can prevent any particular tray from being fed and chose which paper types and weights can be auto selected. ATS and APS should be turned on also. The options are pretty limitless.

You may not want to do the auto tray switching because of tray alignments, we have a bizhub and none of the trays line up with eachother, of course it depends on the job but i just wouldn't do it, sounds like a nightmare when you cut it.

We do that all the time with our 6500 when running letters or pieces where registration isn't as crucial. The above comment regarding registration is pretty accurate though, the trays NEVER line up exactly the same, and it can be a nightmare to cut pieces with close tolerances or bleeds.

Under adjustment there is a centering adjustment and restart timing adjustment. Assumeing you do this the trays should print in the same position, on the same stock.

Any ideas?

Thanx,

Bryan

You can set it to auto tray select, here is a pdf of the page in the manual.

Attachments

• Auto Tray select.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 301

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back