Konika Minolta 6501 varnish?

ansoft

Hello Gents,
I have a silly question, but anyway:
Is it possible to apply any varnishing or UV varnish on sheets printed on Konika Minolta bizhub 6501?
Are there any tip and tricks?

Thank you for the help!:)

We use a flood UV coater from Tec Lighting for our KM output with good to excellent results (depending on IR dwell time and coat thickness). To be fair, we've only recently started using it.

No matter what company or technology you investigate, be very sure to confirm that the coating compound you are using can adhere to the KM output. There are different compounds for coating different outputs (wax, fuser oil, etc).

UV for Konica

UV for Konica

Our KM 6500 is made for Konica . The machine and training have a lot to do with getting the best results.

I am sure about the efforts for getting best results. But my question was how to apply UV varnish on the paper?

In answer to your earlier question, we're using a Tec Ultra Coat Mini with UV Coating #2709 for our KM output.

Coating thickness and how long the sheets "dwell" under the IR heaters effects the smoothness of the coat. I'm still experimenting with these settings to optimize results. I can't think of a short and easy answer to how to set for optimized results every time. Too many variables.

So far we're happy with the machine and it's results. But as with any purchase you should shop around, compare similar models from other manufacturers, and get samples from each before you make any purchase or lease decision.

Cheers!

Roller Coaters

Roller Coaters

Hello ,
A roller coater is best, it can handle #80 Gloss Text to all the cover weight sheets.
We have a used 15" US made inbound next week. Most all of the "MINI" Coaters are made in China.
We also have UL approved model and Mini Table top both US. We have Chinese models with upgraded components and wiring as well.
$ 8,000 to $ 25,000.
Curtis

After struggling with digital UV varnish for a couple of months, just a few tips and suggestions:

1) Use UV coating specifically for toner fuser output. You will never, ever get UV coating for offset ink machines to stick on anything that comes out of your 6500, no matter what kind of paper you use.

2) Paper choice still does affect things - What you want is an uncoated 10-12point stock, these papers are the best for "holding" the UV.

3) You want a slow run under the UV, rush it and like in Seinfeld, no soup for you.

We tried a literal slew of ways to get UV on, including varnishing it on a varnish machine, AQ glossing on an offset press then UVing, spraycoating it with varnish beforehand.. but the 3 tips I mentioned will probably help you the most, in order of importance. #1 is the most important, no matter what machine you are using, what paper you have, and how fast you run the UV, you won't get any results (that you'd want to give to a client) without the proper UV coating.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back