L-shaped perforation

I have the need to do an L-shaped perf at the top corner of a sheet of 14 pt stock. The purpose would be so that a card could be removed from the sheet. My problem is that we perforate on our folder and don't have a way to stop the perf from running the length of the sheet. We do have a small AB Dick duplicator, but have never perfed on it. Any ideas on how this might be accomplished?

We use Litho Perf and Litho Score from H.S. Boyd, it does the job just fine for us on presses.

-Sev

I would try it and see how it looks. the letter press option is going to be more expensive

Perfect Perf from Thompson Manufacturing does the exact same thing, mounts to the press in the exact same way and costs a lot less. Yes it,s just as good of quality. They manufacture the stuff in Tulsa and can be reached at (918)-585-1991. Just use that and keep the rest of your money in YOUR pocket!

Perforation

Perforation

If this is something you are doing all the time you might look at purchasing a perforator that does a "strike stop" perforation. I know Graphics Whizard has one that you can program and of course Rollem has something as well.

Downside to this is that you have to run the item through the perforator twice, once for each perf direction.

I would try turning up your cylinder pressure via the dial behind the hand wheel. You can also try putting a bit of packing under the blanket to build it up and creat more pressure for the perf. Don't forget litho perf will wreck your blanket so use an older one.

The quality of Boyd's products and Thompson's products are not the same !!! Please compare the two products and see for yourself.

Boyd has a new product line called Precision Perf that is .035" tall that will indeed work on the 14pt. stock you mention.

If this is something you are doing all the time you might look at purchasing a perforator that does a "strike stop" perforation. I know Graphics Whizard has one that you can program and of course Rollem has something as well.

Downside to this is that you have to run the item through the perforator twice, once for each perf direction.

We now have a machine capable to T and L perf in one pass. We have adapted our Creasing machine with an impact perf that works across the sheet and the strike perf that works along the length.

If you have any questions please call me anytime and I will get you information
James Tucciarone
Graphic Whizard.cm
760-212-4206

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back