Laminator with ink setoff

Kaoticor

Hi all,

Currently we run two sided print on cover material. The "Cover" is a gloss type paper and the back side of the cover is an uncoated paper. When we run these stacks of covers through lamination, we get setoff from the uncoated backside (the pressure roller pushing the sheets into the main drum on the laminator). Any of you have any experience with this problem?

-We have tried changing different powder types for the uncoated, using an AQ on the backsides, and even letting the sheets sit several days before laminating. Also, waters on press were reduced to bare minimums. We have had this trouble with several different brands of ink, so it is not just limited to a certain ink type.

Anything else you might think of? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

K

Have you made sure your inks are "laser" safe? I know your not imprinting with a laser printer but the issue is the heat of the fuser in the digital devices. Sound't like a similar problem. The heat of the roller is melting the wax in the ink and causing set off.

Have you made sure your inks are "laser" safe? I know your not imprinting with a laser printer but the issue is the heat of the fuser in the digital devices. Sound't like a similar problem. The heat of the roller is melting the wax in the ink and causing set off.

Hi, thanks for taking a second. Apologies, I should have specified, we are using sheetfed offset with industrial laminator.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back