Landa News?

UK Printer

Just thought i'd see if anyone had some news.

We have an application in mind, the new HP10000 would be capable of producing the items we're looking at, however the new landa B2 on paper seems like a much better proposition.

When i speak to engineers from other firms the general opinion is that it's gonna be years and years before the nano technology is suitable for printing, has anyone heard different, any sign of the BETA installs happening?

All the best

Tim

Just thought i'd see if anyone had some news.

We have an application in mind, the new HP10000 would be capable of producing the items we're looking at, however the new landa B2 on paper seems like a much better proposition.

When i speak to engineers from other firms the general opinion is that it's gonna be years and years before the nano technology is suitable for printing, has anyone heard different, any sign of the BETA installs happening?

All the best

Tim

I don't know how Landa is doing and I guess those you spoke to don't either.

Even the engineers and scientists working on the Landa process don't know for sure how it will end. This is just the way development works. They are smart but they have to work through problems that they are not sure have practical solutions.

They will only know for sure if they have a product when they finally get to that point. That is the risk of development.

The time frame is also not so predictable for this reason. They may get lucky and solve many problems quickly or unlucky and find they can not solve some critical ones in a long time and with lots of money or even not be able so solve them at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your thoughts are very reasonable and logical, for sure. But what do we do with mentioned end of '13 deliverers and I think some one mentioned to me that lots of ppl placed deposits down at Drupal

I don't know how Landa is doing and I guess those you spoke to don't either.

Even the engineers and scientists working on the Landa process don't know for sure how it will end. This is just the way development works. They are smart but they have to work through problems that they are not sure have practical solutions.

They will only know for sure if they have a product when they finally get to that point. That is the risk of development.

The time frame is also not so predictable for this reason. They may get lucky and solve many problems quickly or unlucky and find they can not solve some critical ones in a long time and with lots of money or even not be able so solve them at all.

Your thoughts are very reasonable and logical, for sure. But what do we do with mentioned end of '13 deliverers and I think some one mentioned to me that lots of ppl placed deposits down at Drupal

I believe that Landa said that if he doesn't ship then the deposits would be returned.

Gordo

I believe that Landa said that if he doesn't ship then the deposits would be returned.

Gordo

That assumes that there is money left.

I am sure that the Landa group expects success. Just like all the banks thought that the price of houses would only go up.

If success does not arrive and the money is spent, there will be no full refund from a bankrupt company. Let's hope this does not happen but it could.

Tim

Have you considered the FUJIFILM JetPress 720 B2 Sheetfed Inkjet press? There are over 20 installed worldwide and print quality is unrivaled. Germination time of this press was over 4 years between first technology showing at DRUPA 2008 and commercially available product, so Landa could be a long wait. Let me know if you require any additional information as I represent FUJIFILM in the UK.

Regards

Grahame

Tim

Have you considered the FUJIFILM JetPress 720 B2 Sheetfed Inkjet press? There are over 20 installed worldwide and print quality is unrivaled. Germination time of this press was over 4 years between first technology showing at DRUPA 2008 and commercially available product, so Landa could be a long wait. Let me know if you require any additional information as I represent FUJIFILM in the UK.

Regards

Grahame
I was genuinely impressed with the print quality of the Fuji at Drupa. I believe using an established Ryobi press for paper transport was a shrewd move.

I have been surprised that no one has commented yet on the latest Landa announcements.

The press has been redesigned, a coating section has been added and the control station has been moved from in front of the press to the end. The press doubles in length.

Quality is up but not yet to the point that Benny thinks it is good enough to match offset.

The beta testing has been delayed 1 year to be started in Q4 2014.

Oh, and there will be a click charge.

Interesting webcast by Benny at the bottom of the page:

http://www.landanano.com/announcement/nano-news#

Last edited by a moderator:
When and only when the nano ink can pass flotation deinking should this be considered. With all of the other inkjet printers reducing the available recycled fiber for same grade paper we sure don't need another source of fiber that will contribute to the accumulating tonnage to be be down-cycled

This link from the National Toxicology Program
NTP Nanotechnology Safety Initiative
NTP Nanotechnology Safety Initiative - National Toxicology Program

Tim

Regards

Grahame

What Is The printing Cost?
And Where It Stand(Print Run No. Of Copies) For Printing?

Benny has absorbed a lot of money from promising existing enterprises; Komori and Altana being prime examples.

Have these companies been fleeced by the great Indigo man?

Only time shall time, and time continues to march.

DRUPA 2016 may be another dog and pony show for capital raising by Landa; again, time shall tell.

Everyone must question this as being complete hype. Until delivery is made of a productive machine that results in genuine profit for the enterprises, it looks like Ponzi. That is not to say that they are not trying, at least superficially.

I will remain a Doubting Thomas, because first you must SHOW ME. Sinko de Mayo.

D Ink Man

The Epa will eventually require information on nano size particles. Could you imagine what would happen if Landa's pigment bag ruptured or had a leak. Once the nano size pigment particles touch you they are part of you. To the best of my knowledge there is no way to remove nano sized pigment from flesh. If you would happen to breath the nano pigment dust it is part of you forever.

Control of Nanoscale Materials under the Toxic Substances Control Act | Prevention, Pesticides and Toxic Substances (OPPTS) | US EPA

03/25/2015: EPA Proposes Reporting and Record Keeping Requirements on Nanoscale Materials in the Marketplace/For the first time the agency will use TSCA authority to collect health and safety information on nanoscale chemicals already in use

http://www.chemicalprocessing.com/articles/2015/epa-eyes-nanoscale-materials/

Last edited:
The Epa will eventually require information on nano size particles. Could you imagine what would happen if Landa's pigment bag ruptured or had a leak. Once the nano size pigment particles touch you they are part of you. To the best of my knowledge there is no way to remove nano sized pigment from flesh. If you would happen to breath the nano pigment dust it is part of you forever.

Printers always like to say they have ink in their veins - now it may actually be true! LOL

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back