Laser Imprinting of material off an Indigo or Xerox 700

RKS

Will Xerox or Indigo guarantee that products printed on their equipment be able to be laser imprinted on desktop laser printers? (Such as letterheads, forms, etc.)

they wont ever guarantee it as really it shouldn't work but on Xerox i know loads of people that get away with going it

Dry toner can not be laser printed , as it reheats and melts. Tell any of the manufacturers with dry toner you want to rerun sheets from their device through a laser printer and ask will they guarantee it is safe and they answer will be no. Get it in writing that you can and you might be retiring the next month.

What about Indigo?

What about Indigo?

Thanks for the info on Xerox. Since Indigo uses toner suspended in isopar, will it remelt when heated in a desktop laser?

I agree with Internal_R&D on this one. I ALWAYS tell the customer if they try it it is at their risk, but I wouldn't do it or recommend it.

Anything of off our Xerox Docucolor 5000 will just melt when put back through a laser.

In short you CAN NOT print letterheads on a dry toner (Xerox) device, and then overprint them on a laser printer.

we have had customers reprint any many of our printed items on our xerox and it works fine for them

This is pretty simple it all boils down to this. It the first printer (The one that printed the letterhead) fuses at a higher tempature than the second printer it works if not it doesn't.

You could tell your customer to use inkjet only, then you are ok. Or like SSimpson said if the fuser temp of the second imprinting device is lower then you have a better shot.

I thought of this when Xerox came out with the 700 that is supposed to have a lower fusing temp, your only choice might be inkjet for that.

Older lasers used to run a lot hotter so newer machines have a better shot.

MGI has dry toner (not liquid toner or dry ink) that is oil free. It has passed gazillions of letterhead tests through lasers and copiers around the world, and it will print NCR

MGI has dry toner (not liquid toner or dry ink) that is oil free. It has passed gazillions of letterhead tests through lasers and copiers around the world, and it will print NCR

Is MGI laser? Does it have a fuser?

It has a fuser and it is "laser" tecchnology. I understand that the toner has no oil or wax and does not have to reallly baked on by the fuser

It has a fuser and it is "laser" tecchnology. I understand that the toner has no oil or wax and does not have to reallly baked on by the fuser

then the MGI is still subject to the same problem with printed letterheads. am I missing something here?

Wrong --- as a user I can guarantee "laser safe" to any customer. It does not melt. You can check with InPlant Magazine. Last month there was an article about the City of Cincinatti and their inplant department. You should read it.

Thanks for the feedback

Wrong --- as a user I can guarantee "laser safe" to any customer. It does not melt. You can check with InPlant Magazine. Last month there was an article about the City of Cincinatti and their inplant department. You should read it.

Thanks for the feedback

I found the article; very interesting. I was not aware of this technology. Thanks.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back