lenticular print problem

hi,

we have recently started testing with lenticular printing. not using a UV press, but using he adhesive films to apply the printed sheet on the lens.

problem is we are only getting about 1 in 10 sheets perfectly aligned, the rest have a paralex right in the middle, not able to get rid of this...

any suggestions?

i have done the pitch several times and believe i have got it right. would love some help on this, thanks.

hi Marvin,

only thing i have learned to do with the lens is the pitch test, not sure if there is anything else i can do to verify its quality etc. any idea what else can be done?

Your lens supplier should be able to identify the problem from your symptoms. Are you in contact with them?

Last edited:
hi,

no i havent got in touch with them, coz i didnt know it was a problem with the lens or with the way we have been trying to align them. plus, we bought the lens from an agent, so dont know who the actual supplier is :(

Falit

The Agent may have some experience in this area, but if they don't, and they want to keep selling to you, then they should be willing to help you find out the solution.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back