Lenticular troubleshooting

QualityPrint

We are testing lenticular on a conventional non uv press and are getting an odd pattern on the sheet when putting down the first hit of opaque white. We are getting lines of circles going from gripper to tail that look a little bit like offset but the pattern is throwing me for a loop. The lines of circles are spaced out about a half of an inch and go across the entire sheet. Some of these circles are half moons with a definitive line around the edges and a little "offset" in the middle of the circle. I have searched the entire press looking for something that would effect the top of the sheet in this manner and am coming up short. I'm not sure if this circle pattern is in the plastic itself and is offsetting in the high spots of the pattern in the plastic? Any ideas or questions let me know
Thanks in advance

lenticular

lenticular

hi, have you get any ideas of this problem?
We are testing lenticular on a conventional non uv press and are getting an odd pattern on the sheet when putting down the first hit of opaque white. We are getting lines of circles going from gripper to tail that look a little bit like offset but the pattern is throwing me for a loop. The lines of circles are spaced out about a half of an inch and go across the entire sheet. Some of these circles are half moons with a definitive line around the edges and a little "offset" in the middle of the circle. I have searched the entire press looking for something that would effect the top of the sheet in this manner and am coming up short. I'm not sure if this circle pattern is in the plastic itself and is offsetting in the high spots of the pattern in the plastic? Any ideas or questions let me know
Thanks in advance

What type of press is this running on. would it hapen to be a Komori?

How can this odd pattern being described in the original post be press related, only a novice like yourself would relegate this issue to one specific press manufacturer, it sounds somewhat similar to a form of dry up. Since most sheetfed printing press manufacturers deliver ink and water in virtually the same fashion, it is ludicrous to segregate this to a particular press, it is most likely a process problem, but a simple systematic trouble shooting procedure would probably find the real culprit instead of jumping on the OEM, like apparently you always do. It is always easier to blame than it is to do, isn't it ?

Well if you had any experience on a press you would know that a Komori dampening unit is much different than a Heidelberg. Also that a Komori dampening system dose leave tall tale signs of certain dry up patterns. So for an inexperienced pencil pushing man like your self, I wouldn't expect you to understand my question. Obviously your no help and is much easier for you to belittle my question, isn't it? Have a wounderful day sir.

How can this odd pattern being described in the original post be press related, only a novice like yourself would relegate this issue to one specific press manufacturer, it sounds somewhat similar to a form of dry up. Since most sheetfed printing press manufacturers deliver ink and water in virtually the same fashion, it is ludicrous to segregate this to a particular press, it is most likely a process problem, but a simple systematic trouble shooting procedure would probably find the real culprit instead of jumping on the OEM, like apparently you always do. It is always easier to blame than it is to do, isn't it ?

plastic circles1.JPG

here is a pic of the problem...

no fighting boys!!!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back