Life expectancy of a Xerox 700

how are the 700s going i have a machine with 1.6 million clicks and 2 million 50% of this is 250gsm & Above all 13x19 both are still printing fine all i have to do is replace drums and fusers the occasional dev . does anyone have 5 million clicks on this as the CED states 5 million A4s so interested to know how far past the CED i can run it.

We have one with about 3mil 8.5x11 clicks with no issues. We use it primarily as a backup to our 800 but it is extremely reliable.

We are about to hit 1.3 million on ours, mostly 11x17 coated but fair amount of 12x18 and 13x19 coated as well. I dare not say how it is running because it is in the middle of a big job that can not afford any downtime.

We just turned in our 700 at lease end. Right under 3 mil clicks. I realized I have an abundance of 700 toner left over that didn't go with the machine. Was I supposed to turn that in. We paid for it with the click charges, right? Might try to sell it cheap if thats ok.

Not really something you can sell unless the person can change out the data card attached to each toner, xerox got smart about this and has two different types of toner, Ppl who pay click charges or people who buy toner and supplies, you can't mix the two, when we first got out machine they gave us some toner they had in supply at the dealer, it was not the right type and since our machine is configured for click charges it shut the machine down till a tech could get here and reset the whole machine.

The lease was up and we didn't want to roll the lease over for another month so they took the machine this week and I am still demoing machines. Looks like I'll be without a machine for a month or less. I am down to the Ricoh 901 or 751, or a KM C8000 or C7000. I want the production models, 901/C8000 but budget might win out. Final decision will be made next Tuesday when I return from KM's demo center in Dallas.

The 8000 is a beast, that is a nice machine. Let us know what you wind up going with, curious about your final numbers they give you for payment/clicks.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back