Line separator ACCUSET 1000

zronix

Hello friends.
I had a good old ULTRE 94E (old yes, but not so good), to make films with her, there was a thin line separating a page from another, facilitating manual cutting with scissors. Now I have a not so old but very good AccuSet 1000 plus and I no longer have this line that divides a page of another. Is there any tips or rip configuration of the machine so that I can have essal line again?

Thanks to all!

Try to compare folders Page Features located in SW folder in both RIPs.
May be somebody created their own Feature or just added one line with a command to add that separating line between two pages or colors.
All standard page features do not have that option.
I do not know that feature, never met it before and I am not an expert in PostScript language to point you.
You can open any Feature file with Notepad and read a comments as a header of the file.

Last edited:
Perhaps enable Center Capstan from the Options (enabled via the Accuset Touch Pad)

Perhaps enable Center Capstan from the Options (enabled via the Accuset Touch Pad)
And what will be in the final? Separating line between every page? NO!
Read carefully before giving any piece of advice, dear pdan.

Hello Vlad,
I installed the rip old (harlequin 5.2) on the same PC where I have installed the Express 7.
I compared the two page features and obviously there are more features in Express 7, but did not see anything in 5.2 that could determine that a line could be placed at intervals of every page. Does this feature is not itself the Ultre 94E? In your experience with AccuSet, can already see this line of separation of pages? Thanks for trying to help.

Below, the names of the files contained in the Features Page Express 5.2 and 7.

Harlequin 5.2:

2up, 2across, Filfilm, Spotcolor List. (only four files).

Express 7:

Error Handler - Long, Error Handler - Short, Image replacement, Install Annotation, List Spotcolor, info on error Print, Print on error page, filename Use the job name.

(Pdan, your tip has not really changed, but thanks for the interest).

Thanks to try to help!!

1. There is one more folder with more features in Page Features folder.
2. What's the name of Page Feature by default in 5.2 RIP?
Accuset never put that kind of "separator" between pages neither by itself, nor with RIPs connected.

Last edited:
1. There is one more folder with more features in Page Features folder.
2. What's the name of Page Feature by default in 5.2 RIP?
Accuset never put that kind of "separator" between pages neither by itself, nor with RIPs connected.

responding:
1 - Yes, there is another folder, her name is Examples. (both in express 7.0 and in 5.2)
2 - The default folder name is exactly PAGE FEATURES. (both at 7 and 5.2)

About Accusete, I believe that is equal Ultre, they will only print what may rip.

Thank you!

The default folder name is exactly PAGE FEATURES. (both at 7 and 5.2)
And what is in that in Page Setup? Empty line?

Vlad, I do not know if I understand your question, you want to know the names of the files that are in folders examples?

No, I want to know what you see when started RIP and opened up the Page Setup to image your job.
What do you see in Page Features small window then?

If that window is empty (no Page Feature choosen), that tells me separation line produced by Ultre imagesetter and I guess that line comes across the whole film (line itself is longer than job page size).

And what will be in the final? Separating line between every page? NO!
Read carefully before giving any piece of advice, dear pdan.

Back of the envelope calculation - I have imaged and hand cut 6000 pages/plates/films.

In my experience, yes, there will be un-imaged gutter between pages. This is dependent on the page length, and will be up to, but not greater than, the circumference of the capstan. It very likely would not be a line of .25~1 pt.

This is dependent on imaging in the NR or NW option. In the case of imaging negatives, there would be a clear gap between pages; in the case of plates, there is a remaining emulsion.

The original poster did not note what media type the were imaging; I have assumed negative from the word films. In retrospect to Vlad's stern reply, Right Read/Wrong Read/Negative/Positive are very likely derived/sent from the RIP with the Accuset set to a Positive state. I would hypothosis that the imagesetter option could be changed but would also require a change in the RIP to derive my intention.

pdan, this discussion is about a possibility to add a visible line between pages or colors during job imaging.
Your statement to use Center Capstan instead is not correct at all. Period.
P.S. For somebody, who knows PostSript command that's a couple of minutes task to create his own Page Feature.
I could, but I have to download White or Red book about PostScript language, to read a few chapters and...
but why do I have to spend my valuable time for nothing?

pdan, this discussion is about a possibility to add a visible line between pages or colors during job imaging.
Your statement to use Center Capstan instead is not correct at all. Period.
P.S. For somebody, who knows PostSript command that's a couple of minutes task to create his own Page Feature.
I could, but I have to download White or Red book about PostScript language, to read a few chapters and...
but why do I have to spend my valuable time for nothing?
I do not think it is for nothing, and we know many things that were discovered through the various forums. I learned a lot and I could teach in printroot because there is a strong part of the operating software. Here in Printplanet, we note that the strong is the engineering of equipment. And so, learning and teaching. But it became a challenge for me, and I'll figure out how to post here the solution! Anyway thank you very much for the Pdan and Vlad are interested in the subject!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back