Lines in Agfa plate on Screen 4300

cgraeler

We have a screen 4300 CTP setup and we are having issues with fine lines going through the job when the CTP device is "recording" the image. We have checked grounds, made sure no cables were laying over another...and cannot figure out what is causing this.

Any suggestions or any ideas?

Hi,
Send me a picture to see the thin lines. Please check the lubrication of the lead screw, the secondary motor (the motor that moves the head).
If they are ok, you must change the data cable inside the machine. Try with internal tests for example 50% on the whole plate. Do you have these lines on the internal tests?

Write back with the results:)

Ansoft

Without seeing the lines, I can only guess. Check the power output on your lasers to see if 1) you have a diode going bad or 2) the optics need to be cleaned.

Here..i tried. Hope you all can see them.

This is a picture of a color bar. These lines go throughout the entire image on the plate.

Attachments

• mms_picture.jpg
    mms_picture.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 156
Hi,
Send me a picture to see the thin lines. Please check the lubrication of the lead screw, the secondary motor (the motor that moves the head).
If they are ok, you must change the data cable inside the machine. Try with internal tests for example 50% on the whole plate. Do you have these lines on the internal tests?

Write back with the results:)

Ansoft

No, there were no lines when I did this.

Is there anything scratching the emulsion off the plate before imaging??? Check all plate transport throughout the unit.

If you don't see the lines on 50% tint internal test, please check the data cable inside of the machine and the PIF cable from the Trueflow or HQ-RIP to the PT-R. You should judge if the problem is mechanical or electrical. Expose different sizes of plates and see if the lines are on one and the same place.
You must clean the optics and work with properly calibrated diodes before make any decision.
It is possible to have defective power supply of the boards or to have defective LRB32E board. It is rare, but possible...

Good Luck!

It's the PIF cable. whoever had the equipment before us was not easy on the cable and tuged on it. Right now we have it in the "sweet" spot and stopped the lines, but if someone moves the cable or bumps trueflow then they will probably come back. So now were on the hunt for a new cable. Thanks for the input.

Still need a cable?

Still need a cable?

I'm going to see if I have one.
Let me know if you still need one.
-John

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back