LINES on z6100

jonkovach

Okay all you fellow HP z6100 users! I am getting these lines... I can't get rid of them. They seem to only go through the black... but they affect the edges where the blacks go into other colors. It seems to happen after printing for a little while - it is especially painful now because I am printing a job with all black signs, so the problem kicks up faster than usual.

Temporary solution - clean the printheads through the front panel 2-3 times... solves it for a little bit, but it just comes back. I have enhanced the scans (attached) to show it a little more obvious. My blacks are nice and dark, but these light colored lines run through everything.

Does anyone have any idea WHY this is happening, and WHAT I can do to permanently fix it???

Thanks,
Jon

Attachments

• Lines015_adjusted.jpg
    Lines015_adjusted.jpg
    412.5 KB · Views: 180
  • Lines016_adjusted.jpg
    Lines016_adjusted.jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 167
Andy - Go spam somewhere else bud.... k?

As for your questions, looks like one of two possibilities - one being a dirty head, but I'm leaning more towards ink starvation or an air leak. When you clean the head the damper fills back up with ink, and its fine for a bit, but as your printing it comes back (as either the damper builds suction because of a lack of ink, or it sucks in air).

Now I don't know your printer in paticular, but this is a common problem on most inkjet wide format printers. Not that it happens often, but it is something that can happen to all brands.

Does it happen when your printing light coverage prints?
Are you running the OEM ink or an after market ink?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back