Looking for a new controller

YpsiStandard

Registered Users
Six months ago the Creo controller when out on one of our KM 6501s. Since then Konica has told us that they no longer support the Creo controller and only support the Fiery RIP. They do not stock the Fiery RIPs for the 6501s, since they are no longer selling them. Now we’re waiting for a lease to be traded in.

To say the lease, I am tired of waiting for luck to strike and now looking outside Konica to find a replacement RIP. Any suggestions on where to look? I’m definitely outside my realm of expertise. I’ve seen some things on eBay, but I don’t really know what I should be looking for and Konica is not providing me the information I need to help my self.

Don't quote me, but it looks like it's the IC 305 Fiery Rip

Have you checked Ebay? There are several available.

Hi I think CREO is IC304... I think I have a CD (may - be, I'd have to check) Also, what happened to your Creo? It can't be all bad, you did not drown it, did you? If HDD went bad, I could, probably, make a Mirror copy off mine and mount it on similar drive, ship it to you so all there is left to do is to replace the old one with a new one which is a chilld's play. Can you elaborate about what happened to your creo? Unless the CREO card itself went bad, the rest is pretty much a PC and components could be bought and replaced.
There is no reason to lay down and cry, so to speak, lets figure it out, lets get it fixed. If you want a Fiery - shop Ebay, there are several and beauty is that when your lease is up - keep it, sell it back on ebay as it is kinda pricey and still will be when your time comes.

I'm totally crying like a baby over here!

I'm not too sure what exactly is wrong with it- service is being really wishy-washy. We don't have our OS install disks and that is what they seem to think is wrong. They switched the controller from the machine that is down to our other working 6501 and it's definitely the controller that is bad.

Service is totally useless when it comes to the Creo RIP, but I would much rather try to fix what we're used to working with if possible.

I'm totally crying like a baby over here!

I'm not too sure what exactly is wrong with it- service is being really wishy-washy. We don't have our OS install disks and that is what they seem to think is wrong. They switched the controller from the machine that is down to our other working 6501 and it's definitely the controller that is bad.

Service is totally useless when it comes to the Creo RIP, but I would much rather try to fix what we're used to working with if possible.

Konica says the interface card is bad.

So tell them to fix it or replace it or buy out the lease. What good is it if it isn't working? The machine is absolutely useless without a front end.

We own it. After I started to asking questions about buying one from someone else today, they magically found one that may work. Fancy that.

Creo Ic-304s are relatively rare, most everyone bought fierys. That being said unlike Fiery its a standard computer, the only thing unique about it is the video output card. You can still get them from Creo but its cheaper to find a used Creo whole. Like Fiery the video output card is probably unique to the manufacturer and engine its attached to.

Check with JJ Bender. They might have one laying around somewhere.....

Best Regards

-MailGuru

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back